Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,404 Members 40,092 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Launcher name

Tip us?

rishisapte699
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Launcher name

I recently installed the moto x kitkat launcher for this xda site which I guess was the original launcher of the moto x, I downloaded the apk directly to my phone and tried installing when it told me that the name of the moto x launcher and my original nexus 4 launcher was the same, is there any way in which I could change the name of the moto x launcher to something else, or could you make a apk with another name of the moto x launcher for it to work on my nexus 4??

Berrydroidcafe
Old
Thanks Meter 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishisapte699 View Post
I recently installed the moto x kitkat launcher for this xda site which I guess was the original launcher of the moto x, I downloaded the apk directly to my phone and tried installing when it told me that the name of the moto x launcher and my original nexus 4 launcher was the same, is there any way in which I could change the name of the moto x launcher to something else, or could you make a apk with another name of the moto x launcher for it to work on my nexus 4??
The only thing I can think of is to install another launcher (Nova or Apex), set the new one to default, uninstall the other launcher, install the launcher you want, set it as default, uninstall the other one. (Nova or Apex)

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3
Blackberry Bold 9780 OS 7
HTC G2 (Desire Z) 4.4.2
LG Nexus 4 4.4.2
Asus Nexus 7 (2013) 4.4.2

Don't forget to hit the Thanks button if I helped in any way!