XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Light Flow issues!!

Tip us?

bilal6229
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Light Flow issues!!

Anybody else experiencing high ram usage, 100+ mb ram, after using light flow for 1-2 days?? It's not affecting my phone experience in anyway, but I'm just curious if anyone has this!

threi_
Old
Thanks Meter 161
I personally just use light manager instead. Works pretty much the same, and is free.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to threi_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Vlad Paul
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by threi_ View Post
I personally just use light manager instead. Works pretty much the same, and is free.
I installed now light manager...is great app. Thank you!
Nexus 4 stock rooted & LGE 730 (proud user of CM11 By Shutt1e)
Thank you my Friends!

BoneXDA
Old
Thanks Meter 938
7.7MB after 21hr of use.
The Following User Says Thank You to BoneXDA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bilal6229
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneXDA View Post
7.7MB after 21hr of use.
Mine gets over 70-80 mb after 21hr use. Can u plz share your settings?

BoneXDA
Old
Thanks Meter 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilal6229 View Post
Mine gets over 70-80 mb after 21hr use. Can u plz share your settings?
What do you mean? I'm on stock unrooted 4.4.2, now on ART, no special Light Flow Light settings, SMS, MMS, Mail, Low-, Charging-, Charged battery and Missed Calls lights set.

bilal6229
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneXDA View Post
What do you mean? I'm on stock unrooted 4.4.2, now on ART, no special Light Flow Light settings, SMS, MMS, Mail, Low-, Charging-, Charged battery and Missed Calls lights set.
Yes even I've got the same notifications plus a couple more. What I'm essentially asking is, what you've got ticked and unticked in the settings screen?

BoneXDA
Old
Thanks Meter 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilal6229 View Post
Yes even I've got the same notifications plus a couple more. What I'm essentially asking is, what you've got ticked and unticked in the settings screen?

I suggest to restart your phone and don't click on the Light Flow app, it should do it's job after boot, and maybe then it'll have no higher RAM usage. I'll report back here if ART uses more RAM than Dalvik, as I've only just switched to it.
The Following User Says Thank You to BoneXDA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bilal6229
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Hmm rebooting helps, but after 3-4 hours ram consumption starts increasing. Anyways I'll not open the app and report back!

BoneXDA
Old
(Last edited by BoneXDA; 15th December 2013 at 02:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 938
You shouldn't really worry about it as long as it doesn't do crazy RAM usage, 2 gigs should be enough for larger background apps. The bigger issue would be larger battery drainage, but based on my experience the app, it's pretty light on resources, so is the LED light as long as it's not on all the time.