Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,562 Members 37,738 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[LOOKING FOR A FIX] DATA drops

Tip us?

io53
Old
Thanks Meter 257
Default Re: [LOOKING FOR A FIX] DATA drops

Thank you for this investigation! I got those data drops/delays you are taking about. I did cut my SIM to a micro myself and it's far from a perfect match in the sim tray. I'll go to my carrier and get a new one today. Will report back later.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

io53
Old
Thanks Meter 257

Yep. The new sim card did the trick. Have been using it for 4 hours now without any delay/drop. Thanks .

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to io53 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MrManson666
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Default AW: [LOOKING FOR A FIX] DATA drops

Same problem with o2 in Germany

I really hope this is going to be fixed in 4.2.2

IRX120
Old
Thanks Meter 639

I'm getting full dropouts just sitting in my living room on T-Mobile. Never had the problem on my old phone

Sent from my Nexus 4 @1.5 GHz on Stock 4.2.1

MrManson666
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Default AW: [LOOKING FOR A FIX] DATA drops

They might have fixed the problem within 4.2.2

http://code.google.com/p/android/iss...?id=40514#c203

Lownita
Old
Thanks Meter 208
I get wifi drops! So when I turn on my phone after a long period of time (like night) the wifi bar is grey, indicating that no more connection there is. After 30 seconds or so, it turns blue again. What is happening

Wifi sleep policy is ofc set to "never".

bradm23
Old
Thanks Meter 103

Really hoping 4.2.2 fixes some issues and comes with new radio.

I have been have issues with my nexus 4 here in Massachusetts with t mobile where i get "H" showing up on my signal but for no reason it switches to "E". The signal strength is good so i think it is just randomly dropping the data signal. The most annoying part of all of this is that my blackberry holds a solid 4g connection sitting right next to my n4, even with the same sim card.

Does any one have any tricks/suggestions that i can try to fix this?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Nexus 5, 2013 Nexus 7, LG G3, One plus One

MrManson666
Old
Thanks Meter 13
you could try this app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....wififixerfree

phrami
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I sure hope 4.2.2 is going to help somewhat.

I have the exact same issue, as soon as I use any app that requires data connection it will disappear for a few seconds, long enough most of the time to have the app or page to time out. I am still on stock everything, hesitant to try anything so far.

I do use WIFI extensively, one thing I have noticed though, rebooting the phone every other day somehow helps,

I am on TMO in houston metro area. There are some dark spots on TMO network all around houston, I also tried the fast tmo (TMO LTE?) apn and did have some success with that.

I have seen posts elsewhere that a replacement device was required to fix the issue, anyone got a replacement device that completely eliminated this issue?

I blame TMO most of the time though not the phone, I had similar troubles (much worse) on my SGS4g as well.

lorin_93
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I've also been getting data drops on my Nexus 4, on giffgaff UK. I've fixed them by flashing codefirex SR11 ROM, faux123's kernel (last stable one) and by switching to LTE/GSM/CDMA auto (PRL) in Phone info (*#*#4636#*#*).

It seems to be working decent without the LTE/GSM/CDMA thing, but it's very slow and it seems quite laggy (enough laggy for facebook messenger to time-out). Switching to that from WCDMA drastically improves speed and responsiveness of the network. Mobile websites are loading within 1 second (feels almost like on wifi). I don't know if it's the combination between ROM, kernel and that setting for network or something else.

But I can say that I was getting serious drops on Montley kernel. On franco kernel, the mobile data was completely unusable (it was just staying on grey H, never switched to blue H/H+ or loaded anything).

Can someone confirm this?