FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

LTE with att

482 posts
Thanks Meter: 54

By JReeher, Senior Member on 12th April 2014, 09:08 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So I've read the stickies and posted in the forum but I need yk see if anyone can help me out with LTE. I have att service on a stock non rooted n4 I've dialed *#*#4636#*#* changed my network type but it doesn't stick so I can't select lte in my settings and I'm not getting it regardless of my APN settings ... Anyone have any ideas of what's going on outside of rooting and flashing a different modem or radio .. Any help is appreciated ... Thanks
Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

13th April 2014, 01:00 AM |#2  
Wiki Admin / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,611

More
You need to flash a hybrid radio unless you never updated past stock 4.2.1,
newer radioes have the code disabled since it hasnt been approved by the FCC for LTE
13th April 2014, 03:38 AM |#3  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JReeher

So I've read the stickies and posted in the forum but I need yk see if anyone can help me out with LTE. I have att service on a stock non rooted n4 I've dialed *#*#4636#*#* changed my network type but it doesn't stick so I can't select lte in my settings and I'm not getting it regardless of my APN settings ... Anyone have any ideas of what's going on outside of rooting and flashing a different modem or radio .. Any help is appreciated ... Thanks

The Nexus 4 does not support all of the AT&T LTE bands. It lacks the most commonly used LTE bands for AT&T and therefore can only be used in a couple of cities. If you do live in one of those cities, you need to unlock the bootloader and flash a hybrid radio.
13th April 2014, 12:20 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
OK I've been reading and I'm a little confused is there a solid working root and bootloader unlock for 4.4.2 ?

13th April 2014, 02:18 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

OK I've been reading and I'm a little confused is there a solid working root and bootloader unlock for 4.4.2 ?

Never mind this I have found a few solid working methods sorry

13th April 2014, 02:19 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lopezk38

The Nexus 4 does not support all of the AT&T LTE bands. It lacks the most commonly used LTE bands for AT&T and therefore can only be used in a couple of cities. If you do live in one of those cities, you need to unlock the bootloader and flash a hybrid radio.

If I root and unlock can I flash any radio even if I'm on 4.4.2

13th April 2014, 06:03 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 219

More
Quote:

If I root and unlock can I flash any radio even if I'm on 4.4.2

You can flash any baseband (aka radio) you want but, in order for LTE to work, you will need to flash a hybrid radio. For 4.4.2, you would need radio version .98 or .97
14th April 2014, 12:16 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
There was a recently released app that makes installing or changing either the hybrid or stock radios extremely easy. I used to use the manual method until this came along:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...abler-t2607221

As was also mentioned, AT&T Band 4 is not available in too many areas, so don't be surprised if you never get LTE.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)