Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,721 Members 39,710 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LTE with att

Tip us?

JReeher
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Default LTE with att

So I've read the stickies and posted in the forum but I need yk see if anyone can help me out with LTE. I have att service on a stock non rooted n4 I've dialed *#*#4636#*#* changed my network type but it doesn't stick so I can't select lte in my settings and I'm not getting it regardless of my APN settings ... Anyone have any ideas of what's going on outside of rooting and flashing a different modem or radio .. Any help is appreciated ... Thanks
Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

TheManii
Old
Wiki Admin / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,524
You need to flash a hybrid radio unless you never updated past stock 4.2.1,
newer radioes have the code disabled since it hasnt been approved by the FCC for LTE
XDA Wiki Moderator
Nexus 4: Stock 4.4.4 (KTU84P) 2013 N7: Stock 4.4.4 (KTU84P)
iTouch 5G: 6.1.2 (10B146) Surface Pro 2: Win8.1u1 (6.3.9600.17085.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.140330-1035)

lopezk38
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by JReeher View Post
So I've read the stickies and posted in the forum but I need yk see if anyone can help me out with LTE. I have att service on a stock non rooted n4 I've dialed *#*#4636#*#* changed my network type but it doesn't stick so I can't select lte in my settings and I'm not getting it regardless of my APN settings ... Anyone have any ideas of what's going on outside of rooting and flashing a different modem or radio .. Any help is appreciated ... Thanks
The Nexus 4 does not support all of the AT&T LTE bands. It lacks the most commonly used LTE bands for AT&T and therefore can only be used in a couple of cities. If you do live in one of those cities, you need to unlock the bootloader and flash a hybrid radio.
PHONES: iPhone 3GS (Retired, Jailbroken, iDroid, overclocked to 800MHz) -> Motorola Atrix 4G (Shattered, CM10, Faux kernel @ 1.45 ghz overclocked) -> Google/LG Nexus 4 16GB (Backup Phone, L Preview) -> Google/LG Nexus 5 32GB (Primary Phone, L Preview)

TABLETS: Sony Tablet S (Retired, rooted 4.0.3), Surface Pro 2 128GB (Current, W8.1)

JReeher
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
OK I've been reading and I'm a little confused is there a solid working root and bootloader unlock for 4.4.2 ?

JReeher
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
OK I've been reading and I'm a little confused is there a solid working root and bootloader unlock for 4.4.2 ?

Never mind this I have found a few solid working methods sorry

JReeher
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by lopezk38 View Post
The Nexus 4 does not support all of the AT&T LTE bands. It lacks the most commonly used LTE bands for AT&T and therefore can only be used in a couple of cities. If you do live in one of those cities, you need to unlock the bootloader and flash a hybrid radio.
If I root and unlock can I flash any radio even if I'm on 4.4.2

taodan
Old
Thanks Meter 219
Quote:
If I root and unlock can I flash any radio even if I'm on 4.4.2

You can flash any baseband (aka radio) you want but, in order for LTE to work, you will need to flash a hybrid radio. For 4.4.2, you would need radio version .98 or .97
DISCLAIMER: Click the button at your own risk! I am not responsible for your mistake.

~!~ Backup Phone: Nexus One ~!~
  • HBOOT: Latest Blackrose S-off
  • Recovery: Amon_RA v2.21
  • ROM: ICS AOKP Milestone 5
  • Kernel: Tiamat & Shaky156 ICS 03142012
  • SD Card: 16GB
~!~ Acer Iconia A500 Tablet ~!~
  • Recovery: CWM rev1.7 by Thor2002ro
  • ROM: CM10 JellyTime 4.1.2
  • Kernel: 2.6.39.4+
  • SD Card: 8GB

pjc123
Old
Thanks Meter 39
There was a recently released app that makes installing or changing either the hybrid or stock radios extremely easy. I used to use the manual method until this came along:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...abler-t2607221

As was also mentioned, AT&T Band 4 is not available in too many areas, so don't be surprised if you never get LTE.