Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,551 Members 37,532 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LTE/Reception/I'm an idiot issues

Tip us?

Andr0idOS
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default LTE/Reception/I'm an idiot issues

Hey guys having a bit of problems. I tried the LTE enabler since we have it where I live now. I got the zip from a popular thread in the general section, I asked in there but figured this warranted it's own thread. I had no bars, so I switched back to the latest radio and now I'm permanently stuck with zero cell reception of any kind. I've tried everything I can think of to fix it, I flashed a new ROM, restored a backup, I even flashed the stock image from Google, and did each piece individually in a terminal, so I know I flashed the radio and I'm STILL not getting any service.

Today, I went into Telus to get a new sim card because I thought that was the problem, but that didn't help at all.

Please don't tell me I'm screwed. And yes I did try the disable zip multiple times.

I've attached screenshots of my APN and mobile network settings. Trying to join the network results in an error message.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-12-02-19-55.png
Views:	799
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	2510371   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-12-02-21-51.png
Views:	770
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	2510372  

Andr0idOS
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Anyone? Would greatly appreciate some help as I'm stumped and this is my only phone.

chrisrozon
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Restore the Nandroid you made before starting the process.

Uh huh.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Andr0idOS
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrozon View Post
Restore the Nandroid you made before starting the process.

Uh huh.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
My apologies if I was unclear in my original post, I've tried that. Multiple times.

kevace1
Old
Thanks Meter 8
i followed this thread, and LTE worked like a champ. Though i did not stay on a stock ROM, u personally used DirtyUnicorn rom, but still followed steps to edit the build.prop manuall, and flashed the radio .33. You must use the correct apn's. For US T-Mobile, there is a old epc.tmobile.com apn that does not get LTE reception even if you have a lte equipped device, i had to use the fast.t-mobile.com apn, im sure Telus has an updated apn as well.

http://hippowise.com/how-to-permanen...4-2-2-nexus-4/

BTW, i dont think it matter what android version your in, cause when i did this, i was on a stock 4.2.2 and it worked, and then i flashed over to the DU ROM, and made the same edits since i used a new rom, and it worked perfectly again. Make sure to press *#*#4636#*#* once all is set said and done and put the netowrk setting to LTE/GSM auto-prl. Not sure why the option for LTE/WCDMA/GSM is not available, maybe someone could help with that one???????

The All Mighty OnePlus-ONE

maulich
Old
(Last edited by maulich; 14th January 2014 at 09:57 AM.)
Thanks Meter 166
One thing most people forget is that your provider plays a big part in your LTE service. If your sim/account is not provisioned for LTE you will never get it.... period. IN my case I came from an android phone that had no LTE support so it was never provisioned on my account(att). And since the nexus wasent shipped with LTE support or part of att' s LTE phone lineup...they refuse to add LTE support for my nexus. The only way for me to get LTE provisioned on my sim is for me to buy an att LTE compatable phone....then I could just use the sim in my nexus. Try flashing a stock Google image, see if it helps.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app