Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Make phone ring loudly for one contact while silenced?

OP 1Chef

10th February 2014, 09:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 241
 
738 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Every night I put my phone on silent so as not to be disturbed, however I'd like to make it so that if one specific contact calls or texts me multiple time's in the space of a few minutes the phone will go to max ringer volume but only for them. If someone could tell me an app or walk me through a tasker set up I'd be very greatful. Thank you

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
10th February 2014, 12:05 PM   |  #2  
Zinken's Avatar
Member
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 7
 
93 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Chef

Every night I put my phone on silent so as not to be disturbed, however I'd like to make it so that if one specific contact calls or texts me multiple time's in the space of a few minutes the phone will go to max ringer volume but only for them. If someone could tell me an app or walk me through a tasker set up I'd be very greatful. Thank you

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I use Llama to do that. Just create a silent profile (and control it using time and/or location) and add "noisy contact" to that profile. Very simple and works perfectly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zinken For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2014, 02:03 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 241
 
738 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinken

I use Llama to do that. Just create a silent profile (and control it using time and/or location) and add "noisy contact" to that profile. Very simple and works perfectly.

Does it make of so the contact has to call or text twice before the increase? Thank you for the response.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
12th February 2014, 07:38 PM   |  #4  
Zinken's Avatar
Member
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 7
 
93 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Chef

Does it make of so the contact has to call or text twice before the increase? Thank you for the response.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

No, noisy contacts overrides the profile setting so they ring on the first try.
13th February 2014, 02:33 AM   |  #5  
Da Kine's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Santa Rosa, Ca
Thanks Meter: 1,432
 
2,208 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
You could use this feature in the settings for calls, but I'm not sure if messages from the contact will be muted or not.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-12-17-28-33.png
Views:	36
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	2576127  
13th February 2014, 11:36 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 241
 
738 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Kine

You could use this feature in the settings for calls, but I'm not sure if messages from the contact will be muted or not.

That's only a feature on Samsung ROMs precisely why I asked in the nexus 4 Q and A stock android doesn't have quiet hrs which is why I have this problem. Thanks for the reply though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
13th February 2014, 08:34 PM   |  #7  
Da Kine's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Santa Rosa, Ca
Thanks Meter: 1,432
 
2,208 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Chef

That's only a feature on Samsung ROMs precisely why I asked in the nexus 4 Q and A stock android doesn't have quiet hrs which is why I have this problem. Thanks for the reply though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Actually it isn't only a feature on samsung roms, other roms have the feature as well. I'm using a nexus 4, that's PRECISELY why I replied to your thread in the nexus 4 q&a section.

I'm using this rom (with a touchwiz theme): http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...t-rom-t2637931
13th February 2014, 10:07 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 241
 
738 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Kine

Actually it isn't only a feature on samsung roms, other roms have the feature as well. I'm using a nexus 4, that's PRECISELY why I replied to your thread in the nexus 4 q&a section.

I'm using this rom (with a touchwiz theme): http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...t-rom-t2637931

Yeah I realised it was a theme, sorry for my slightly aggressive reply, my ROM doesn't have this feature and I don't want to leave the rom for it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes