Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,126 Members 42,895 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Make phone ring loudly for one contact while silenced?

Tip us?

1Chef
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 236
Default Make phone ring loudly for one contact while silenced?

Every night I put my phone on silent so as not to be disturbed, however I'd like to make it so that if one specific contact calls or texts me multiple time's in the space of a few minutes the phone will go to max ringer volume but only for them. If someone could tell me an app or walk me through a tasker set up I'd be very greatful. Thank you

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Phone: Nexus⁴ Rom: Mahdi Kernel: Hellscore
For 2.5 GB free on dropbox click here. For a sim card from giffgaff with 5 free credit click here

Zinken
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Chef View Post
Every night I put my phone on silent so as not to be disturbed, however I'd like to make it so that if one specific contact calls or texts me multiple time's in the space of a few minutes the phone will go to max ringer volume but only for them. If someone could tell me an app or walk me through a tasker set up I'd be very greatful. Thank you

I use Llama to do that. Just create a silent profile (and control it using time and/or location) and add "noisy contact" to that profile. Very simple and works perfectly.
AMOR ET FIDES
The Following User Says Thank You to Zinken For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

1Chef
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinken View Post
I use Llama to do that. Just create a silent profile (and control it using time and/or location) and add "noisy contact" to that profile. Very simple and works perfectly.
Does it make of so the contact has to call or text twice before the increase? Thank you for the response.

For 2.5 GB free on dropbox click here. For a sim card from giffgaff with 5 free credit click here

Zinken
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Does it make of so the contact has to call or text twice before the increase? Thank you for the response.

No, noisy contacts overrides the profile setting so they ring on the first try.
AMOR ET FIDES

Da Kine
Old
Thanks Meter 1427

DONATE TO ME
You could use this feature in the settings for calls, but I'm not sure if messages from the contact will be muted or not.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-12-17-28-33.png
Views:	26
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	2576127  

1Chef
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Kine View Post
You could use this feature in the settings for calls, but I'm not sure if messages from the contact will be muted or not.
That's only a feature on Samsung ROMs precisely why I asked in the nexus 4 Q and A stock android doesn't have quiet hrs which is why I have this problem. Thanks for the reply though.

Da Kine
Old
Thanks Meter 1427

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
That's only a feature on Samsung ROMs precisely why I asked in the nexus 4 Q and A stock android doesn't have quiet hrs which is why I have this problem. Thanks for the reply though.

Actually it isn't only a feature on samsung roms, other roms have the feature as well. I'm using a nexus 4, that's PRECISELY why I replied to your thread in the nexus 4 q&a section.

I'm using this rom (with a touchwiz theme): http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...t-rom-t2637931

1Chef
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Kine View Post
Actually it isn't only a feature on samsung roms, other roms have the feature as well. I'm using a nexus 4, that's PRECISELY why I replied to your thread in the nexus 4 q&a section.

I'm using this rom (with a touchwiz theme): http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...t-rom-t2637931
Yeah I realised it was a theme, sorry for my slightly aggressive reply, my ROM doesn't have this feature and I don't want to leave the rom for it.