Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,529 Members 40,507 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 4: flat battery and wont turn on

Tip us?
 
nadienewilliam
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Feb 2014
Question [Q] Nexus 4: flat battery and wont turn on

Hello,

I accidentally used my nexus 4 till the battery's dead. Now it is only showing flashing (alternating dim & bright) red LED while charging and it wont turn on again. Can anyone please help me?
(I am new to the forum and please correct me if I post something wrong)
 
Berrydroidcafe
Old
#2  
Berrydroidcafe's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 230
Posts: 1,021
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadienewilliam View Post
Hello,

I accidentally used my nexus 4 till the battery's dead. Now it is only showing flashing (alternating dim & bright) red LED while charging and it wont turn on again. Can anyone please help me?
(I am new to the forum and please correct me if I post something wrong)
You need to let it charge undisturbed for the very least, one hour. Then try again.

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3
Blackberry Bold 9780 OS 7
HTC G2 (Desire Z) 4.4.2
LG Nexus 4 4.4.2
Asus Nexus 7 (2013) 4.4.2

Don't forget to hit the Thanks button if I helped in any way!

The Following User Says Thank You to Berrydroidcafe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
nadienewilliam
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrydroidcafe View Post
You need to let it charge undisturbed for the very least, one hour. Then try again.

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3
Thank you. I'll try that.
 
nadienewilliam
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrydroidcafe View Post
You need to let it charge undisturbed for the very least, one hour. Then try again.

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3
It has been charged over 2 hours now.. Still no changes.. What can I do now?
 
Berrydroidcafe
Old
#5  
Berrydroidcafe's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 230
Posts: 1,021
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadienewilliam View Post
It has been charged over 2 hours now.. Still no changes.. What can I do now?
What happens when you press and hold the power button for 30 seconds (more or less)?

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3
Blackberry Bold 9780 OS 7
HTC G2 (Desire Z) 4.4.2
LG Nexus 4 4.4.2
Asus Nexus 7 (2013) 4.4.2

Don't forget to hit the Thanks button if I helped in any way!

 
nadienewilliam
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrydroidcafe View Post
What happens when you press and hold the power button for 30 seconds (more or less)?

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3
When I press power button or power button with volume up/down button for some time, red LED light blinks (before that it was alternating dim and bright red LED). No vibration or noting on the display.
 
nadienewilliam
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrydroidcafe View Post
What happens when you press and hold the power button for 30 seconds (more or less)?

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3
It is now showing a battery icon on the screen. No more problem I guess. Thank you for your help.
 
Berrydroidcafe
Old
#8  
Berrydroidcafe's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 230
Posts: 1,021
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadienewilliam View Post
It is now showing a battery icon on the screen. No more problem I guess. Thank you for your help.
Does the phone boot?

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3
Blackberry Bold 9780 OS 7
HTC G2 (Desire Z) 4.4.2
LG Nexus 4 4.4.2
Asus Nexus 7 (2013) 4.4.2

Don't forget to hit the Thanks button if I helped in any way!

 
nadienewilliam
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrydroidcafe View Post
Does the phone boot?

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3
Yes.. it does
 
Berrydroidcafe
Old
#10  
Berrydroidcafe's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 230
Posts: 1,021
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadienewilliam View Post
Yes.. it does
Cool 😎!

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3
Blackberry Bold 9780 OS 7
HTC G2 (Desire Z) 4.4.2
LG Nexus 4 4.4.2
Asus Nexus 7 (2013) 4.4.2

Don't forget to hit the Thanks button if I helped in any way!


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes