Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,303 Members 53,291 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My Nexus 4 replies to all when answering to a multi-recipient MMS

Tip us?

oscar7601
Old
(Last edited by oscar7601; 11th June 2014 at 08:41 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy My Nexus 4 replies to all when answering to a multi-recipient MMS

Hello everyone,

I'm coming up with what will surely be read as a noobish question... However, I'd really appreciate if someone could give me that answer (sorry about my english guys I'm not an english native speaker).

Every time (approximately since Android 4.4) I receive a MMS, which would previously (before approx. 4.4) show up in the sender's conversation, it now appears in a conversation including ALL the recipient that the sender has sent the MMS to. Well that could be not such a big issue if when I reply (which I obviously do by reflex in this multi-recipient conversation), ALL these people I maybe don't know get my answer !!!! (like if they're the sender's friends and not mine)

I noticed this occurs especially (if not only) when I am sent a group message from an IPhone user...

That's something that annoys me a lot and I still have not found any option or setting clearly related to this... "thing/issue/problem" I have.

Do you guys have any tip as to how not to get these multi-recipient conversations any more? It would be really helpful.

All constructive ideas welcome.

Thank you in advance.

Oscar

chrisrozon
Old
Thanks Meter 79
That's the way group MMS works.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app