Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] What mod allows you to disable the in-call proximity sensor?

OP techguy771

18th June 2014, 08:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi everyone,

Long story short, I got a used Nexus 4 off someone, everything works perfectly except the proximity sensor. During a call the screen blacks out and doesn't come back unless I hard reset the phone to hang up. I figured out it was a problem with the proximity sensor. Upon reading these forums and many other articles on Google about taking off the screen protector (which I don't have) and swapping the rubber "sensor" holder holes, I decided to open the phone up and take a look.

It appears that my phone is missing the rubber piece to hold the proximity and light sensors in place, making the sensor unusable and causing many issues with making calls. I've tried playing around with it using other peoples' suggestions and nothing has worked. I've decided to just find a way to disable the proximity sensor instead during a call, as I'll be quite satisfied with just a simple software fix.

Right now I am using Proximity Screen OFF to keep the screen on, but it drains my battery pretty hard. I was thinking to just flash my phone with a mod that allows me to turn the proximity sensor off during a call.

Any suggestions as to which mod contains this feature?

Thank you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread