Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Motorola camera app comptability

OP Misho111

11th May 2014, 04:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Why is the Motorola Camera app from Google Play not available for the nexus 4?It says that it requires a 4.4.2 device,which my N4 is,but I am unable to install it simply because "it's not compatible".Please enlight me about this issue.I don't know,I might not have fully understood something about the app and its compatibility.
11th May 2014, 04:49 PM   |  #2  
ronakchavan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 151
 
406 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misho111

Why is the Motorola Camera app from Google Play not available for the nexus 4?It says that it requires a 4.4.2 device,which my N4 is,but I am unable to install it simply because "it's not compatible".Please enlight me about this issue.I don't know,I might not have fully understood something about the app and its compatibility.

Its not for any other devices but only and only for Motorola devices
11th May 2014, 04:50 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronakchavan

Its not for any other devices but only and only for Motorola devices

that makes sense,but then again I've seen people rock it on the Nexus 5.
11th May 2014, 04:57 PM   |  #4  
ronakchavan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 151
 
406 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misho111

that makes sense,but then again I've seen people rock it on the Nexus 5.

Then look for its apk
11th May 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronakchavan

Then look for its apk

I did...tried to install various versions,all failed.
14th May 2014, 09:12 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 65
 
189 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
One of the older versions is working 100%. You just have to copy the apk into your system folder and then either wait for it to appear in app drawer or just reboot. I loved this app on my previous phone but not on n4. Its only advantage is the long touch burst mode with which you take continue shots very fast and clear. If you still can't find a working version I might have it in my drive folder so just pm me to give you a link.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes