[Q] multirom +n4 halp

Tip us?

krkeco
Old
(Last edited by krkeco; 11th February 2014 at 05:25 AM.) Reason: typo
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] multirom +n4 halp

Hi, I wanted to reply in the multirom thread but can't because I am still too newb. Hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction? I've tried everything I know how to do. I really appreciate any help I can get!

So here is my problem. I downloaded multirom for my n4, then I updated. I reopened, and noticed I had the red line of text saying I was missing a kernal or something, so I clicked that and install (so instead of just updating the app I updated my kernal? and I also clicked update recovery). I needed to finish in recovery mode so it rebooted. Then it soft bricked. It goes to the load screen (with countdown timer) and then just black screens indefinitely tmk (5+ minutes of adhd agony). I had already downloaded cm 10.2 and gapps on the device in preparation for multirom, so I rebooted into recovery again, launched multirom and added cm 10.2 with gapps. I first tried with sharing kernal because I don't have my laptop to install 4.3 .tar, but that failed, so I installed ROM without sharing kernal. It runs fine, except I can't use bluetooth or wifi... so it really doesn't run fine =/ everything else seems okay though.

All my data is already backed up on my hdd so no worries on losing that, but I would like my phone functioning sooner than later.

I'm on vacation and don't have laptop with me, any ideas on how I can fix this? I have my Nexus 7 too, so I can download stuff, but I don't know how to:
a) install 4.3 so I can get cm 10.2 fully running?
b) reinstall 4.4.2 to stock (I tried factory reset but it didn't do anything either)

I think the biggest problem is lack of laptop because I could easily just reset the phone with that and run my nandroid (which is on laptop too.... ftl) but if there is a solution please let me know! Thanks!!!

opssemnik
Old
(Last edited by opssemnik; 11th February 2014 at 06:15 AM.)
Thanks Meter 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by krkeco View Post
Hi, I wanted to reply in the multirom thread but can't because I am still too newb. Hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction? I've tried everything I know how to do. I really appreciate any help I can get!

So here is my problem. I downloaded multirom for my n4, then I updated. I reopened, and noticed I had the red line of text saying I was missing a kernal or something, so I clicked that and install (so instead of just updating the app I updated my kernal? and I also clicked update recovery). I needed to finish in recovery mode so it rebooted. Then it soft bricked. It goes to the load screen (with countdown timer) and then just black screens indefinitely tmk (5+ minutes of adhd agony). I had already downloaded cm 10.2 and gapps on the device in preparation for multirom, so I rebooted into recovery again, launched multirom and added cm 10.2 with gapps. I first tried with sharing kernal because I don't have my laptop to install 4.3 .tar, but that failed, so I installed ROM without sharing kernal. It runs fine, except I can't use bluetooth or wifi... so it really doesn't run fine =/ everything else seems okay though.

All my data is already backed up on my hdd so no worries on losing that, but I would like my phone functioning sooner than later.

I'm on vacation and don't have laptop with me, any ideas on how I can fix this? I have my Nexus 7 too, so I can download stuff, but I don't know how to:
a) install 4.3 so I can get cm 10.2 fully running?
b) reinstall 4.4.2 to stock (I tried factory reset but it didn't do anything either)

I think the biggest problem is lack of laptop because I could easily just reset the phone with that and run my nandroid (which is on laptop too.... ftl) but if there is a solution please let me know! Thanks!!!
WHY DID THE ERROR HAPPENED?:Because multirom app sets the default kernel to 4.2.2 one, since you werent on 4.2.2 it soft bricked.
DO I NEED TO REINSTALL STOCK TO GET CM FULLY WORKING?: Nope, just search in the general section of our device, for the hybrid modem thread, download the hybrid .84 and flash on recovery
PS: I think you will need OTG to pass the file from your n7 to your n4 since no bluetooh,no data and no wifi....
Or search like crazy around google to see if there is a way to pass files thru nfc
email - antoniobvg@gmail.com
skype - abui.ss
Nexus 4 / 16gb - Stock 4.3, soon to be RmaŽd again
New Nexus 7 wifi / 32gb - AOSPA + franco.kernel
Galaxy S3 Intl(I9300) - cm 10.2
:
The Following User Says Thank You to opssemnik For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

krkeco
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the quick reply, is that the 27 or the 33 / 84 download?

sites.google.com/site/bpearuploads/

Or does it not matter?

krkeco
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by opssemnik View Post
WHY DID THE ERROR HAPPENED?:Because multirom app sets the default kernel to 4.2.2 one, since you werent on 4.2.2 it soft bricked.
DO I NEED TO REINSTALL STOCK TO GET CM FULLY WORKING?: Nope, just search in the general section of our device, for the hybrid modem thread, download the hybrid .84 and flash on recovery
PS: I think you will need OTG to pass the file from your n7 to your n4 since no bluetooh,no data and no wifi....
Or search like crazy around google to see if there is a way to pass files thru nfc
Got it figured out thanks to your help!