Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,261 Members 51,102 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My N4 bricked itself?

Tip us?

NPuter
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default My N4 bricked itself?

Hey all,

My N4 seems to have bricked itself, or had some hardware component malfunction suddenly. I flashed the latest PA build on Tuesday and have been running that happily since. This morning, I took a screenshot of something, and the system locked up. I figured no big deal, that stuff happens. Held the power button to reboot, and it hung on the google logo. That's never happened to me before, and thought that was strange. So, I held the power button again and it rebooted afterwards without issue. Thought nothing of it.
Later, I was taking a photo, and the autofocus motor freaked out and the system locked up. Held the power button to reboot, it shut down, and that was it. Now it is completely unresponsive. Have had it plugged to the wall charger in for 2 hours, tried plugging it into the computer and pressing/holding the power button (windows doesn't recognize anything being plugged in). Can't get any response out of it at all.
Basically, I'm at a loss of what to do.
Funny thing is, I was considering ordering a N5 yesterday/today. This has pretty much confirmed my intention to go ahead and order one, but I would like to get my N4 back up and running if possible.

Thanks!

NPuter
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Well false alarm. Left it plugged into the wall charger for about 4 hours then held the power button for what seemed like 30 seconds. Booted right up, but charge was less than 10%... Oh well, everything is fine now.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

moonpie28
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Most important question. Are you still going to get the N5?

WiMax still has legs dammit!

NPuter
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpie28 View Post
Most important question. Are you still going to get the N5?
Yes. That was enough of an impetus for me

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk