Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,501 Members 47,421 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Will N4 connect with PTV3000

Tip us?

leobg
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj64 View Post
Try these firmwares.

MD5 (PTV3K_V2.1.4.sbin) = b7a3c5e729ee96dd887b211d2724ef1e
MD5 (PTV3K_V2.1.5.sbin) = 7c1e89b983ad6ea058622e055d75045e
Progress! 2.1.4 almost connected - ended up with HDCP authentication error. 2.1.5 works. But there is a lot to be desired! There is noticeable lag between what happens on screen and on the TV - maybe around 0.5 seconds and it gets worse if you are more than couple of meters away from the receiver. There are often artifacts showing up, video works but is choppy, audio goes out of sync (audio also plays on the TV).

But good to show pictures and slideshows on TV wireless. But not really HDMI cable replacement. Battery consumption (on phone) is considerable too. Battery shattered down by 20% down in under 10 minutes.
leobg
The Following User Says Thank You to leobg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

strung
Old
(Last edited by strung; 1st December 2012 at 06:23 AM.)
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by leobg View Post
Progress! 2.1.4 almost connected - ended up with HDCP authentication error. 2.1.5 works. But there is a lot to be desired! There is noticeable lag between what happens on screen and on the TV - maybe around 0.5 seconds and it gets worse if you are more than couple of meters away from the receiver. There are often artifacts showing up, video works but is choppy, audio goes out of sync (audio also plays on the TV).

But good to show pictures and slideshows on TV wireless. But not really HDMI cable replacement. Battery consumption (on phone) is considerable too. Battery shattered down by 20% down in under 10 minutes.
Thanks for posting these. I tried 2.1.5 first, but it had the HDCP authentication error.

2.1.4 works though! However video is constantly choppy and occasionally blocky.

rupes0610
Old
(Last edited by rupes0610; 11th December 2012 at 01:06 AM.) Reason: Tested 2.1.1 Firmware
Thanks Meter 0
Default 2.1.5 Killed WiDi

Finds the Push2TV adapter, but cannot connect. Nexus 4 can find the Push2TV adapter but cannot connect either.

WiDi fails to connect and HDCP authentication fails for Miracast.

WiDi doesn't connect but Miracast works pretty well. Video and audio is a little choppy though.

For now using stock is best for WiDi and 2.1.5 is the best for Miracast. Anyone else have any news or new firmwares?

androph
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Has there been any progress with this?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

cj64
Old
(Last edited by cj64; 15th December 2012 at 12:27 AM.)
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupes0610 View Post
Anyone else have any news or new firmwares?
My Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 was able to revert my PTV3K's firmware back to version 1.0.13 from version 2.1.5. If you need to revert back to stock, that is an option.

(edit) After it received the Jelly Bean update, it shows this screen upon connecting:

Hitting "OK" will flash the 1.0.13 firmware to the PTV3K.

nobrakes
Old
Thanks Meter 53
This is how I get it to work consistently without the HDCP error..

Make sure the monitor is off before plugging in the usb cable to the PTV. So each time you turn off your monitor, you also need to unplug your PTV.

indianl
Old
Thanks Meter 16
How do I flash the firmware to the ptv3000?

freesoul27
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by indianl View Post
How do I flash the firmware to the ptv3000?
From PTV3000 guide:

Quote:
9. How can I update my Push2TV?
a. Use your computer and navigate to http://www.netgear.com/stream to check
for and download the latest firmware.
b. Press the Wireless Display Mode / WPS button on the side of the
Push2TV unit for more than 5 seconds.
c. Using the wireless network manager utility on your computer, search for the
Push2TV wireless network name (SSID) and connect.
d. Open a browser on your computer, and you are automatically redirected to
the Push2TV update page. If you are not automatically redirected, type
http://192.168.3.1/ into the browser address bar.
e. Follow the steps on the web page to upload the firmware image you
downloaded in step a and complete the installation.

detredwinger85
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupes0610 View Post
Finds the Push2TV adapter, but cannot connect. Nexus 4 can find the Push2TV adapter but cannot connect either.

WiDi fails to connect and HDCP authentication fails for Miracast.

WiDi doesn't connect but Miracast works pretty well. Video and audio is a little choppy though.

For now using stock is best for WiDi and 2.1.5 is the best for Miracast. Anyone else have any news or new firmwares?
There is a 2.2.2 firmware floating around for the PTV3000. I can't comment on the Nexus 4 specifically, but it does work with the Galaxy S3 and the AllShare Cast app on it. I have had great performance with it, especially compared to the 2.1.5 that was just absolutely horrible. I would be interested to know what someone with a Nexus 4 and the 2.2.2 experienced as well.

Also, in the 2.2.2 update, it looks as tho the button on the side for switching between WiDi and Miracast isn't used for switching modes anymore and the device is always "listening" for both types of connections. The screen doesn't reference WiDi or Miracast now, just basically says"connect your device".

Thanks

leobg
Old
(Last edited by leobg; 29th December 2012 at 04:09 PM.) Reason: add link
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by detredwinger85 View Post
There is a 2.2.2 firmware floating around for the PTV3000. I can't comment on the Nexus 4 specifically, but it does work with the Galaxy S3 and the AllShare Cast app on it. I have had great performance with it, especially compared to the 2.1.5 that was just absolutely horrible. I would be interested to know what someone with a Nexus 4 and the 2.2.2 experienced as well.

Also, in the 2.2.2 update, it looks as tho the button on the side for switching between WiDi and Miracast isn't used for switching modes anymore and the device is always "listening" for both types of connections. The screen doesn't reference WiDi or Miracast now, just basically says"connect your device".

Thanks
Do you have the link for 2.2.2 handy?

Google is our friend

Link: http://www.droid-life.com/2012/12/28...tgear-ptv3000/
leobg