n4 help! can't get rom installed, want to revert to stock

OP dmoss74

3rd February 2014, 06:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

22 posts
hi,

total noob here (just putting that upfront). i have a n4 that had a rom called paranoid android on it, but want to revert the phone back to stock 4.4.

the problem is, i think i deleted the rom off my phone. i am trying to do the recovery, but i don't see downloads in my sd card directory.

what can i do to take a badly worked on phone and get it back to stock? if there's a link to a video, that would be great too. i have the teamwin recovery program on this phone.

from what i gather, i need to download the stock drivers, the actual os, and gapps. is that it? my local phone nerd said he can do it with samsung, but not lg. why that would matter, i have no idea. thanks again for any help, and again, i am a noob, so posting dumbed down directions as possible would be great.

thanks
3rd February 2014, 07:14 PM   |  #2  
Flag Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Thanks Meter: 230

1,025 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoss74

hi,

total noob here (just putting that upfront). i have a n4 that had a rom called paranoid android on it, but want to revert the phone back to stock 4.4.

the problem is, i think i deleted the rom off my phone. i am trying to do the recovery, but i don't see downloads in my sd card directory.

what can i do to take a badly worked on phone and get it back to stock? if there's a link to a video, that would be great too. i have the teamwin recovery program on this phone.

from what i gather, i need to download the stock drivers, the actual os, and gapps. is that it? my local phone nerd said he can do it with samsung, but not lg. why that would matter, i have no idea. thanks again for any help, and again, i am a noob, so posting dumbed down directions as possible would be great.

thanks

Try this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1766475

Make sure you read and understand it first.

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3
3rd February 2014, 07:17 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrydroidcafe

Try this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1766475

Make sure you read and understand it first.

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3

will do, thanks.
3rd February 2014, 08:04 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

22 posts
got it! thank you so much. that is a killer toolkit.
Last edited by dmoss74; 3rd February 2014 at 08:38 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread