N4 on stock 4.4.2 question

Tip us?

thatguy188
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default N4 on stock 4.4.2 question

Hey guys,

I have a question about what I am noticing and is bugging the heck out of me.

When I am on a call the screen goes black like it should, but once I remove the phone from my ear, the screen always came back on by itself..... Until I upgraded to Kit Kat. Now it just stays black and I have to press the power button to turn the screen on.

Is there a setting for this somewhere that I am missing?

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 268
Hmm, sounds like an issue with the proximity sensor. It should turn back on based on my use of the N4 from 4.2.2, 4.3, and 4.4.2.

Maybe try re-loading the OS?
The Following User Says Thank You to audit13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NABENDU1
Old
Thanks Meter 395
Itz mostly that your proximity sensor bug !! What you can do is download a proximity sensor app from the play store like proximity on/off and test whether that works !! If it doesn't that means you have a bug in your ROM !! If u have unlocked your boot loader then flash the stock image or if u have rooted+custom recovery you can flash custom or a stock zip file

I hope it resolves your issue !! Hit the Thanks button if you find my post useful !!

The Following User Says Thank You to NABENDU1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thatguy188
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Hmmm yeah I just tried a sensor app and it just says no change detected. It's weird cause I am running stock rom downloaded straight from Google. Just rooted and unlocked bootloader.....

thatguy188
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
So maybe the Proximity Sensor doesn;t work at all on this phone ... (I just got it through a warranty exchange because on my old N4 the screen broke).

I just flashed factory images again (EVERYTHING) and the Proximity Sensor still doesn't work. It shows it doesnt detect anything, even if I put my finger right over it. It does say Proximity Sensor is available though ....

so idk ...

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 268
If you go back to 4.2.2, does the proximity sensor work?

DrFredPhD
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Proximity sensor is definitely broken, it's not a software issue. If you've still got warranty you should send it in.

thatguy188
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13 View Post
If you go back to 4.2.2, does the proximity sensor work?
I'm gonna flash 4.2 later and see. I just got the phone as a warranty exchange 2 days ago so if it still doesn't work I'm locking it all back up and telling tmo.

thatguy188
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Talked to T-Mobile.... They're sending me another one. Glad I caught that early. Thanks for all the input yall!