FORUMS

AOSP 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus Q

Google Nexus Q is an intriguing device released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It was abandoned by … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

My N4's clock goes so fast

29th May 2014, 10:26 AM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
I've just bought a N4 without guaranty.

Everything runs OK except the clock. It goes faster than normal, about 30 extra minutes every 15 hours. No matter if I set it automatic or manual.

It is rooted and with Purity\franco rom\kernel mix but it didn't even fix it.

Is there any internal hardware module which controls the clock?
Last edited by tiner; 29th May 2014 at 10:32 AM.
 
 
29th May 2014, 05:39 PM |#2  
Marvlesz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Saudi Arabia
Thanks Meter: 744
 
More
Is it just the clock or the entire system .. like .. do games run faster? Does the typing "cursor" blink faster? Does it happen on stock?
29th May 2014, 06:11 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvlesz

Is it just the clock or the entire system .. like .. do games run faster? Does the typing "cursor" blink faster? Does it happen on stock?

It happens on stock toˇ.

I'll check with the timer and see what happens...

Nevertheless I haven't noticed anything strange but the clock's issues.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
29th May 2014, 07:17 PM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvlesz

Is it just the clock or the entire system .. like .. do games run faster? Does the typing "cursor" blink faster? Does it happen on stock?

Just checked the timer and it runs about 2 seconds faster than normal.

How could it be?

O.o

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
29th May 2014, 08:05 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 532
 
Donate to Me
More
Are you by any chance running close to the speed of light or flying in a space rocket?
The Following User Says Thank You to sthomas38 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th May 2014, 09:35 PM |#6  
Marvlesz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Saudi Arabia
Thanks Meter: 744
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sthomas38

Are you by any chance running close to the speed of light or flying in a space rocket?

lulz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiner

Just checked the timer and it runs about 2 seconds faster than normal.

How could it be?

O.o

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

It looks like it's the whole system. We used to have this issue back in the early days on the HTC HD2, flashing a different kernel solved it. But since you said it happens on different kernels AND on stock, I'm not sure what could be the culprit.

Have you tried complete stock? (stock everything with locked bootloader)
I don't know, I'm just suggesting... Sorry... I hope you get it fixed.
3rd June 2014, 08:09 PM |#7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvlesz

lulz.



It looks like it's the whole system. We used to have this issue back in the early days on the HTC HD2, flashing a different kernel solved it. But since you said it happens on different kernels AND on stock, I'm not sure what could be the culprit.

Have you tried complete stock? (stock everything with locked bootloader)
I don't know, I'm just suggesting... Sorry... I hope you get it fixed.

I've just tried flashing a new kernel. It didn't work.

Is there by any chance any kernel setting for controlling the whole system speed?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
3rd June 2014, 08:27 PM |#8  
Member
Flag Achterhoek
Thanks Meter: 45
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiner

I've just tried flashing a new kernel. It didn't work.

Is there by any chance any kernel setting for controlling the whole system speed?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I wont advice slowing the whole system down just because of your clock.

The absolute worst I can think about it the internal clock crystal is a bit off (hardware-faulty) and will be replaced under warranty if you still have it.
- Im sorry, forgot that you dont have warranty anymore


A few things:
Have you bought it 2nd-handed?
If yes:
Did the previous owner have the same problem?
Did the previous owner flash any software?
In what condition did you receive your N4? (cracked screen? fall damage? water damage?)

If no:
You should still have warranty I believe



If it did came out of the box with this problem; go back to your seller, explain your problem and work out some kind of fix


Dont get me wrong, its probably a software problem somewhere, but some of the above might help finding the problem
4th June 2014, 10:07 AM |#9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Actually I bought it as a faulty and without warranty device (80$). It's been manipulated (cracked and fixed screen) so it has no warranty.

Nevertheless, it runs absolutely great.

What do you mean with internal clock crystal?

Thanks for your help!



Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes