XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Navigation blue icon missing

Tip us?

kamilgs
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Navigation blue icon missing

After 4.4 and then 4.4.2 update navigation icon is missing. Before i seen same problem again after updates i solved with uninstall maps update then icon is came again but now ,in the maps there is no uninstall updates section i just clear data history.
What can we do?
thanks...

CSX321
Old
Thanks Meter 60

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilgs View Post
After 4.4 and then 4.4.2 update navigation icon is missing. Before i seen same problem again after updates i solved with uninstall maps update then icon is came again but now ,in the maps there is no uninstall updates section i just clear data history.
What can we do?
thanks...
Yeah, you probably won't be able to use that method anymore. I'm pretty sure you can only use the Maps app itself now. If you tap the icon on the right-hand side of the search bar, that's navigation. I'm just guessing here, but there's probably an intent for it, so maybe somebody has written a little app using the old navigation icon that will launch Maps with that intent? Of course, you can also easily get to navigation by voice command. That may or may not be an option for you. I've been trying to use voice a little more, because it actually works really well.

kamilgs
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Navigation blue icon missing

hi,
so this is normal behaivour of 4.4
this changes is very bad for me, classic navigation icon shoulb be. Voice method will be alternate new feature.
ı Hope this blue navigation icon is came .
thanks...

CSX321
Old
Thanks Meter 60

DONATE TO ME
Ah, I think I just found something that's almost like the old navigation icon.

Tap and hold in any unused space of the screen. Pick Widgets, then add the widget called "Directions". It makes you enter something for the source and destination, but you can just use a single space for each, then tap Save. The new widget should do basically what the blue arrow used to do.

kamilgs
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Navigation blue icon missing

yes, google directions are similar to navigation icon.
I test it it works well.
Thanks