[Nexus 4][OFFICIAL] Android 4.2.2 FAQ, Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting Thread

Search This thread

alexandrehos

Aug 23, 2014
I am using android 4.4.4 official before android l preview.But my power button is almost died,when i am in recovery it works perfect but in android,sometimes not working or working twice,is there any fix for that problem?thank all for answers.

Sent from my Nexus 4 Android L for Lag,Lamb or Literature

Hi zooms. I had the same problem. The solution for me was to replace the buttons...
You can easily find replacement parts on chinese sites. It is not very hard to do it. I have 2 sets of buttons here waiting the ones that i use now die :)

manj0t

Jul 31, 2013
Hi zooms. I had the same problem. The solution for me was to replace the buttons...
You can easily find replacement parts on chinese sites. It is not very hard to do it. I have 2 sets of buttons here waiting the ones that i use now die :)

I've unlocked my nexus 4's boot loader recently to flash custom roms and recoveries... but after flashing any other rom that the stock 4.2.2 image from google....the phone always stucks on bootloop.. Yes, I've tried wiping cache and all but didn't helped in any way...
the boot animation comes and keeps on running.... I

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
I've unlocked my nexus 4's boot loader recently to flash custom roms and recoveries... but after flashing any other rom that the stock 4.2.2 image from google....the phone always stucks on bootloop.. Yes, I've tried wiping cache and all but didn't helped in any way...
the boot animation comes and keeps on running.... I

On 4.2.2, does your phone have an imei?

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
nope...it doesn't shows any imei no. or baseband no. how ever in boot loader screen am able to see the baseband version

This tells me that you will probably have to have the phone sent in for service. As far as U can tell, this is a problem that can only be fixed by LG. There is no way to inject the imei back into the phone the way you can on Samsung phones.

manj0t

Jul 31, 2013
This tells me that you will probably have to have the phone sent in for service. As far as U can tell, this is a problem that can only be fixed by LG. There is no way to inject the imei back into the phone the way you can on Samsung phones.

I've seen quite of forums on the internet with people facing same prob as mine but none of them has shown how to fix it...i guess it's an issue from the LG itself in the hardware or whatever it could be...sim card is not being detected...device is not going into any deep sleep. the ota updates also dont work

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
I've seen quite of forums on the internet with people facing same prob as mine but none of them has shown how to fix it...i guess it's an issue from the LG itself in the hardware or whatever it could be...sim card is not being detected...device is not going into any deep sleep. the ota updates also dont work

I believe the problem is that the end user cannot access the EFS folder to put back the imei.

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
if it's really just the problem with imei no. then why other roms are not booting??
You mean custom or stock ROMs? I'm not sure why stock ROMs will not boot. ICould it be a security issue in 4.3 and higher ROMs? I really don't know. Maybe someone with more knowledge could answer the question.

manj0t

Jul 31, 2013
You mean custom or stock ROMs? I'm not sure why stock ROMs will not boot. ICould it be a security issue in 4.3 and higher ROMs? I really don't know. Maybe someone with more knowledge could answer the question.

yeah none of the stock roms boot except the 4.2.2 factory image..security issue? nah not even close to that...nexus is the most volatile device for custom roms

ShoeVan

Apr 19, 2011
Nexus 4 apps crashing

Hi there, Ive posted a thread in Nexus 4 Q&A regarding apps crashing after the android 5.0 lollipop update (under the name: Nexus 4 apps constantly crashing), which is now causing apps to crash even on kit kat. I've tried everything I can think of and it still occurs. I've attached some logcats but dont have much idea what they mean. Would appreciate all the help I can get as this is a really frustrating problem that I hope to solve as soon as possible.

Zarts

Feb 2, 2015
My phone basically needs CPR after upgrading to 5.0.1

Hey guys,

In a bit of a bind- I upgraded to 5.0.1 when prompted by my Nexus 4 on the (23rd of Jan from memory?) and it's pretty screwed my phone.
Various problems include- taking between 12 hours and 2 days to send and/or receive texts, crashing text messaging/ the phone when I try to search for people's names, seriously decreased battery life (I've checked if it's any background apps running or anything, and it's not that), lagging when I type/ do anything, GPS not functional, heaps of apps like google+ not working (etc. etc., basically, it's pretty wrecked).

So, like a good customer, I made it known on the google support forums that my phone was pretty screwed, and waited patiently for them to release some sort of fix. Which obviously hasn't happened :p

So, I thought I'd take the advice of one of the other nexus 4 users there zhukie and try flashing back to 4.4.4, he was a pretty top bloke and posted links for how to basically do everything, so I jumped on them and thought I'd give it a crack (my device hadn't been unlocked/ rooted).

If you cbf reading all of that (fair enough) the next sentence basically sums it up
Annnyway, basically my computer no longer recognises my nexus 4 post-update and displays 'No driver found' when plugged in (I tried it on my computer, on my sisters computer and using 2 different cables), which means I can't unlock+ root my device, back up my files, flash back to 4.4.4.

Does anyone have any suggestions (I really hope someone can give me a hand :( ), I could try resetting to factory settings (which, according to other strugglers on the nexus help forums isn't a certainty to work), but since I can't connect to my computer/ google+, it's going to be really hard to back all my stuff up, so if there are any alternatives I'd really appreciate it.

joegestes

Feb 28, 2015
><((((>
Annnyway, basically my computer no longer recognises my nexus 4 post-update and displays 'No driver found' when plugged in (I tried it on my computer, on my sisters computer and using 2 different cables), which means I can't unlock+ root my device, back up my files, flash back to 4.4.4.

Does anyone have any suggestions (I really hope someone can give me a hand :( ), I could try resetting to factory settings (which, according to other strugglers on the nexus help forums isn't a certainty to work), but since I can't connect to my computer/ google+, it's going to be really hard to back all my stuff up, so if there are any alternatives I'd really appreciate it.

Have a look here at posts #322 through #329
http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/help/diagnosing-usb-driver-adb-issues-windows-t2514396/post59420668#post59420668

It's an N5 thread but applies to N4 too.

Best of luck

death_star

Apr 1, 2014
updating problems

im currently on 4.2.2
after my phone soft bricked i downgraded it to 4.2.2 and now when i did update it thru ota it goes to bootloop everytime and even when i flash any other rom it goes to bootloop
im using 4.2.2 plz resolve my prob.

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Sometimes, the inability to run a ROM above 4.2.2 means the emmc chip could be a sign of hardware damage based on posts I have seen from other XDA members.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all,

This is the official thread for any questions, answers, help and troubleshooting regarding Android 4.2.2 for the Nexus 4. The goal of this thread is to minimize the amount of redundant threads that are about this topic.

First of all, the following thread is the official one in the General Section for the Nexus 4 regarding Android 4.2.2: [INFO] Nexus OTA Help-Desk.

Please feel free to suggest FAQs that should be added to the second post.

As usual, follow the Forum Rules, and happy posting! :)

Changelog from Android 4.2.1 to Android 4.2.2

The following changes are mainly changes that will affect the average user, for the full changelog, go here.
    • As usual, performance and stability enhancements. (Possible battery life improvements too?)
      -
    • The Google Play Store, now shows the estimated time left for downloads. LINK (Thanks to Android Police for their article)
      -
    • In Quick Settings, long pressing the WiFi and Bluetooth tiles toggles them. LINK (Thanks to Android Police for their article)
      -
    • ADB is now more secure thanks to the new whitelist. LINK (Thanks to Android Police for their article)
      -
    • A new wireless charging tone that only plays when the battery level is below 95% And a new low battery tone. LINK (Thanks to Android Police for their article)
    Hi guys, wondering if someone can help. I encrypted my device (I'm using PA 3.55) and now can't access the internal SD via CWM (6.0.3.0) as it won't mount the SD Card. Is there anyway around this as I want to keep the encryption on the device (enforced policy when adding work email) but it seems like I can't flash anymore via CWM. Would changing permissions in Root Explorer help?

You can't mount sdcard in recovery its not possible http://teamw.in/DataMedia cwm won't let you flash encrypted phone but TWRP recovery will

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Compatibility Information Between Pieces of Android 4.2.1 & 4.2.2

This list describes cross android version compatibility between 4.2.1 and 4.2.2. If you have any new information regarding anything related to this, please share it with us.

1. Basebands

4.2.1 Baseband = M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.1700.33
      4.2.2 Baseband = M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.1700.48
      -
      • Potential Incompatibility - 4.2.2 Baseband With 4.2.1 Rom - Can potentially break the sensors (auto-brightness and gyroscope).
      • Potential Incompatibility - 4.2.1 Baseband With 4.2.2 Rom - Can potentially break in-call audio.
      -
    2. Bootloaders

4.2.1 Bootloader = MAKOZ10l
      4.2.2 Bootloader = MAKOZ10o
      -
      • Unknown Compatibility - 4.2.2 Bootloader With 4.2.1 Rom - No reports yet.
      • Unknown Compatibility - 4.2.1 Bootloader With 4.2.2 Rom - No reports yet.
    Hello!

I am running Paranoid Android version 3.50. Before today I have not had any problems and I love the rom! Today though I downloaded the apk for Play Store vers. 4.1.6. After the download when I tried to install it, it simply would not install. The permissions screen appeared as usual but the install button would not respond at all. No light up, no nothing. So far I've been unable to find a fix. Please help!

Remove the halo then install the app

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Im on stock 4.4.2 a bit tweaked by myself (kernel, few xposed modules, changed bionic and dalvik libs)

Pisane w biegu.