5,606,530 Members 33,611 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Nexus 4][OFFICIAL] Android 4.2.2 FAQ, Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting Thread

Tip us?

dinodan
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default turning down ringer from lock screen

I just got the update via ota. I can no longer lower the ringer volume from the lock screen. I now need to unlock the phone by entering my pin before it allows me to lower the ringer with the volume keys. This is annoying.... I hate having to enter my pin to turn down the ringer volume.

BTW....i also get the change in lock screen every time I unlock the phone, as previously posted
The Following User Says Thank You to dinodan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kelton2k
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default OTA Updade Showing On Phone **Please Assist**

I have the Nexus 4 on tmobile and the update to 4.2.2 is in my notifications section. My phone is rooted, unlocked but I am running stock 4.2.1 with no custom ROM or kernel. Only thing have done up to this point is create a nandroid backup. If I update using the tmobile system update in my notifications will I have to root and unlock bootloader again? Would it be better for me to side load the update and if so would the system update continue to show up in my notifications?

idealxfit
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Root 4.2.2

I just updated to 4.2.2 on my tmobile nexus 4. I rooted my htc evo 4g a few years ago so im somewhat familiar with the process. I downloaded the zip for 4.2.2 but for some reason when I extract to desktop I can not actually run any of the programs. So first, can I root the new OTA update (and stay stock with future updates from google)? Second, is CWM better thatn TWRP? I have not used the later. Third, if I can root the newest OTA is there a step by step with video? Thanks for your help.

freezeburn
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I just updated to 4.2.2 and everything is working just fine. No audio issues, no volume issues, no signal issues, no issues at all. I'm stock not rooted.

thephantom
Old
Thanks Meter 440
Default Re: [OFFICIAL] Nexus 4 Android 4.2.2 FAQ, Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelton2k View Post
I have the Nexus 4 on tmobile and the update to 4.2.2 is in my notifications section. My phone is rooted, unlocked but I am running stock 4.2.1 with no custom ROM or kernel. Only thing have done up to this point is create a nandroid backup. If I update using the tmobile system update in my notifications will I have to root and unlock bootloader again? Would it be better for me to side load the update and if so would the system update continue to show up in my notifications?
If you take the ota, you'll lose root so you need to reroot. May I suggest prior to accepting it to download bootunlocker from play store so you can unlock the bootloader first (since you're currently rooted) so you can unlock the bootloader without losing data. After accepting ota, you can reroot. If you don't unlock the bootloader prior to installing the update, you'll need to unlock it after to gain root so it'll be another round of restoring apps and data. By the way, I hope your recovery is also stock when you accept ota otherwise it has to be done manually

Flowed and Tapped from my Nexus
LG Nexus 5
Nokia Lumia 1520
Asus Google Nexus 7 4.4.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by @rbiter View Post
teach a man to fish, you feed him for life. teach a man to fastboot, and you create competency. and less threads on xda.

-juanito-
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Default Re: [OFFICIAL] Nexus 4 Android 4.2.2 FAQ, Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting Thread

my nexus 4 running custom android 4.2.1 rom & kernel .. how i can unrooted and install stock 4.2.2 rom ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
htc One
Android Version: JB 4.2.2 + htc Sense 5
ROM:viperONE 2.1.0
Kernel: Stock Kernel

Onack
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just saying first here that I did no try this before updating to 4.2.2.

Does anyone here have problems with running adb backup? When i run the command the backup app starts on the phone, but I am unable to click the "Back up my data" button as if it wasnt a button there. "Do no back up" button is responding, but greys out both buttons only.

I wanted to do a full backup of my phone to test Ubuntu, but I dont want to do it now since its a workphone and takes some time to get everything up again.

Only thing that can make this happen except if its not a bug with 4.2.2 is my enforced exchange policy that I have added
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-22-09-16-39.png
Views:	142
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	1750921   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-22-09-16-57.png
Views:	139
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	1750922   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-22-09-20-03.png
Views:	141
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	1750923  

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2614
Quote:
Originally Posted by -juanito- View Post
my nexus 4 running custom android 4.2.1 rom & kernel .. how i can unrooted and install stock 4.2.2 rom ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Install this factory image from here https://developers.google.com/androi...s/images?hl=nl and here is how to flash it http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2010312. Good luck
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

rskyline
Old
Thanks Meter 694

DONATE TO ME

Any way to have volume rocker change songs like on cm? I want to use stock but i need that feature...

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 usando Tapatalk 2

alessa
Old
(Last edited by alessa; 23rd February 2013 at 09:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 29
I do not worry .... I'm sorry I wrong .... sorry.

Tags
4.2.2, faq, jdq39, q&a, troubleshooting