Nexus 4 Battery and Ghost Touch

Search This thread

ProLoguETR

Aug 1, 2012
Hello everyone,

3-4 weeks ago, i broke my screen and bought a non-original one, screen sensivity or colors are good but i have a differen problem now;

Sometimes (especially after %15 battery remains) my phone starts to ghost touch, but it isnt a single touch, continue 3-4 secs very fast, than it stops for 30 sec and start again,

And last 1 week, my battery also gone crazy, phone shuts down at %60 or shows %3 for 2 sec and be ok again :( i took a photo of it..

i tried different, kernels, roms, stock ram and kernel, nothing change, i always charge my phone with stock charger.. Can anyone help me please..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396900709847.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396900709847.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 656

blttalas

Mar 20, 2012
Ankara
Same for me (nolcak yaa telefon ayni seninki gibi dokunmatik haric, pil birden vitiyor vs)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1396971468371.jpg
    1396971468371.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 121

parpat51492

May 3, 2012
Same thing happened to me. Turns out I slightly damaged the battery during removal and after replacing the battery it worked fine.

cimdrap

Dec 27, 2010
Redmi Note 10 Pro
i had two possible solutions in my mind: 1) battery replace; 2) i never believed in battery calibration, but there is something that makes misread the right battery level on the device, so it arrives under the security low level. Indeed the battery never arrives to 0% because the device shut off before to protect the battery polarity even we see the 0% on the status bar. But for some reason the device can't perceive the right battery percentage and keeps the phone alive believing it is at about 15% or such.....when the battery is near at the "real" 0% its voltage is lower and the device reacts like this at lower voltages (just like people suffering ghost touch while using chinese low quality chargers). Then i tried to calibrate the battery (just wiping batterystats file) forcing the system to recreate it from scratch. I know it should happen automatically at reboot, but maybe this wasn't happening because since i calibrated the battery i reache the 2% without problems. Maybe it's just a case....will keep testing (damn! maybe i found a solution 5 minutes after i ordered a new battery on ebay!!!!) :rolleyes: