Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

[Q] Nexus 4 possible battery issue?

OP TeChNoC4AzY

8th March 2014, 02:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kissimmee
Thanks Meter: 15

279 posts
Hello I'm new to the nexus 4 forms. Okay so today I traded my Galaxy note 1 for the nexus 4 and the HTC One x. I was really excited to see the nexus 4 for the first time. Upon looking at it, the screen had 3 cracks in it but the person said it still functions fine. Cracks don't really bother me that much anyway. He also said that it needed a new battery and that the phone can still be turned on/used. When I went home I plugged it in and I saw a flashing red-light. Then a few minutes after I saw the charging icon on the screen. I waited abit more and tried powering on, the battery icon disappeared and I saw the flashing red light again, I left it alone for about 30m+ and when I looked at it I saw the battery icon filling up and down but there was no raise in charge. So I started looking things up. I have tried opening the phone and disconnecting the battery on and off the board, stripping a USB cable with the + and - connections putting it on the battery for 13-15mins plugged into a laptop (I used my playstation 2), and that didn't work. What I then did is take the battery out and plugged in the charger only. I managed to get into the bootloader screen but when pressing start I see the Google word and it just shuts off. Awhile later it just got to the point where when I plug in the charger the red light blinks and stays that way (occasionally I will see the charging logo). I will buy a new battery if needed I just wanted to make sure there's something I didn't try yet, or confirm the battery is the issue. There doesn't appear to be any water damage and everything looks clean inside the phone. I can post a picture of the battery if needed. Hopefully this phone isn't dead and can be working again, I saw afew videos called the red light of death where the nexus 4 was plugged in with a steady red light appearing with no charging at all, mine only flashes so I think that is a good sign. I guess I will plug it in all night when i go to sleep hoping for it to turn on in the morning. I've also already called lg and they have horrible service... Please let me know if there's anything else I can try. Thanks!

Sent from my Incredible 4G LTE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by TeChNoC4AzY; 8th March 2014 at 03:06 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TeChNoC4AzY For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2014, 04:39 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kissimmee

279 posts
Anyone?

8th March 2014, 07:26 AM   |  #3  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 4

15 posts
More
I mny opinion it is definitly the battery issue,cause it is booted withput it. Just buy new battery and you will be good to go

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
8th March 2014, 07:48 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kissimmee

279 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra1nst0rm

I mny opinion it is definitly the battery issue,cause it is booted withput it. Just buy new battery and you will be good to go

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Well it didn't really boot. I only could make it to the bootloader.

8th March 2014, 12:42 PM   |  #5  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 4

15 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeChNoC4AzY

Well it didn't really boot. I only could make it to the bootloader.

I know.It dont boot to rom cause it need more power than usb so it cant do this without battery
The Following User Says Thank You to Ra1nst0rm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2014, 01:37 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kissimmee

279 posts
Now I'm starting to wonder if the touchscreen will even work right.. I mean look at this..(i put a pic) Do you think the touch will be okay? The glass is all that got damaged, the lcd Is perfect though. I'm going to get it replaced soon enough hopefully.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1394285719159.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	2620022  
Last edited by TeChNoC4AzY; 8th March 2014 at 01:41 PM.
8th March 2014, 01:38 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kissimmee

279 posts
^^^^
8th March 2014, 02:07 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 69

137 posts
99.9999% touch screen will not work.
8th March 2014, 03:24 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kissimmee

279 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolF2

99.9999% touch screen will not work.

You gotta be kidding right... Dang. So one Crack will make it not work? I mean I'm on my HTC Droid and I was able to still use it 100% normal after dropping and cracking the screen slightly.

8th March 2014, 03:57 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 69

137 posts
we are talking about LG nexus 4 , not a htc. Nexus 4 digitizer is made directly on front glass.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread