I know there is a lot of threads about bricked N4's, and i can assure you that I have viewed each and every one of them, but i still can't resolve my broblem.
This whole brick situation happened after trying to update to Android 4.3 OTA update, the phone didn't complete the process and turned off, where red light of death happened.
So the scenario goes like this:
- If i hold POWER button for ~30s when phone is off charger i only get a Google logo for 2 sec, and phone instantly restarts
- Holding PWR+VOL-DOWN buttons when phone is off charger doesn't do anything
- Plugging phone to charge (socket or PC) results in solid red light
- Holding PWR+VOL-DOWN or PWR+VOL-DOWN+VOL-UP for ~15s makes the red light blink at a steady rate
- While continuing to hold the respective buttons and pluging the charger off, and on again gets me to bootloader or download mode (depending on button combo) for ~2s and phone restarts.
- I tried removing and inserting the battery 3 times. One time i got blinking red light when plugged the charger in. Second time i got solid red light and third time got solid red light again
- I tried charging the battery directly for 15 minutes with old Nokia charger, and it resulted in something different(when i assembled the phone and tried to turn it on with PWR+VOL-DOWN buttons when charger was plugged off, i got to bootloader for 2seconds before phone restarted, i tried to boot second time and the same thing happened, but when i tried it third time i got nothing, just like before) so this was the first time i got into bootloader while not charging a phone.
**Phone doesn't get to the white or red battery icon while plugged to charge.
***Solid red light dissapears after charging for ~10mins, but phone won't do anything.
****When measured with a multimeter battery shows 3.7V
I hope someone will be able to help me with this, as it is frustrating as f*ck. I don't have a working warranty, so fixing the N4 isn't an option, and where i live phone repair prices are over the roof (ex. motherboard change for N4 costs ~270$ ).
Took it to a local shop and they said there is a short circuit in the antenna
Took it to the LG Service center and they said my motherboard is gone.
Both were costing a bomb to repair and still there was no guarantee.
IMHO, get a new phone.