Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Nexus 4 bricked? Tried everything.

OP Darkis

10th July 2014, 02:52 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 12

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkis

I know there is a lot of threads about bricked N4's, and i can assure you that I have viewed each and every one of them, but i still can't resolve my broblem.
This whole brick situation happened after trying to update to Android 4.3 OTA update, the phone didn't complete the process and turned off, where red light of death happened.
So the scenario goes like this:

1. If i hold POWER button for ~30s when phone is off charger i only get a Google logo for 2 sec, and phone instantly restarts
  2. Holding PWR+VOL-DOWN buttons when phone is off charger doesn't do anything
  3. Plugging phone to charge (socket or PC) results in solid red light
  4. Holding PWR+VOL-DOWN or PWR+VOL-DOWN+VOL-UP for ~15s makes the red light blink at a steady rate
  5. While continuing to hold the respective buttons and pluging the charger off, and on again gets me to bootloader or download mode (depending on button combo) for ~2s and phone restarts.
  6. I tried removing and inserting the battery 3 times. One time i got blinking red light when plugged the charger in. Second time i got solid red light and third time got solid red light again
  7. I tried charging the battery directly for 15 minutes with old Nokia charger, and it resulted in something different(when i assembled the phone and tried to turn it on with PWR+VOL-DOWN buttons when charger was plugged off, i got to bootloader for 2seconds before phone restarted, i tried to boot second time and the same thing happened, but when i tried it third time i got nothing, just like before) so this was the first time i got into bootloader while not charging a phone.
*My PC seems to pick up the phone for a brief moment when it is in bootloader and starts installing the drivers. Drivers gets installed when i'm in download mode for that brief moment too.
**Phone doesn't get to the white or red battery icon while plugged to charge.
***Solid red light dissapears after charging for ~10mins, but phone won't do anything.
****When measured with a multimeter battery shows 3.7V

I hope someone will be able to help me with this, as it is frustrating as f*ck. I don't have a working warranty, so fixing the N4 isn't an option, and where i live phone repair prices are over the roof (ex. motherboard change for N4 costs ~270$ ).

I had the same problem. Kept it on the charger for a whole day and still only the Red Light.
Took it to a local shop and they said there is a short circuit in the antenna
Took it to the LG Service center and they said my motherboard is gone.

Both were costing a bomb to repair and still there was no guarantee.
IMHO, get a new phone.

Sorry
10th July 2014, 03:10 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Have you tried charging it with a wireless charging pad? I got mine to boot after I did that. Your battery is drained and it doesn't have enough juice to charge itself.
10th July 2014, 02:44 PM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member
Flag Panevezys
Thanks Meter: 10

10 posts
More
Last edited by Darkis; 8th August 2014 at 02:31 PM.
10th July 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 98

498 posts
More
Don't fall for the motherboard dead trick. Just a way to steal your money.... change the battery and never let it go to 1%
21st July 2014, 04:01 PM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member
Flag Panevezys
Thanks Meter: 10

10 posts
More
Unhappy
Last edited by Darkis; 8th August 2014 at 02:24 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread