Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,517 Members 36,739 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED] Nexus 4 Completely Unrecognized

Tip us?

WinterSoldier
Old
(Last edited by WinterSoldier; 1st July 2014 at 10:27 PM.) Reason: Missing data.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Storage [SOLVED] Nexus 4 Completely Unrecognized

Hello, well, i'm having a little problem here, the thing is, my Nexus 4 is not recongnize at all by the computer, any computer, i already tried another computer, another usb cable, clearing cache, reset the device, usb debugging on and off, MTP and PTP and nothing, i'm using Archlinux and i think that the problem is not the computer because the Nexus 7 (2012) is recognize just fine, i believe that the problem started with Towelroot because before that everything was ok, i can't even update the OTA for the 4.4.4 because it sends an "error" when updating. Another thing, the phone charges so that is interesting.

I'm dying here

Any solution or comment please.

Thanks.

parveen75
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Try stock image rom... If pronlm stil persist thn it may b mble usb jck problm. U hv to chnge it....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

opssemnik
Old
Thanks Meter 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by parveen75 View Post
Try stock image rom... If pronlm stil persist thn it may b mble usb jck problm. U hv to chnge it....

were you typing from a device? lol :P didn´t see the Sent from, "i haz the dumb" :/
now from on topic:
delete every adb / nexus related driver(don´t know how to do so in Linux) and try again.
in Windows when i rooted my n4, i had to turn on usb developing untill i deleted the driver and installed the universal one
Nexus 4 / black / 16gb (R.I.P.)
Nexus 5 / Red / 16gb (D821)
New Nexus 7 wifi / Black / 32gb - Android 4.4.4 stock
Galaxy S3 Intl(I9300) / purple / 16gb - blekola lite 6.1

WinterSoldier
Old
(Last edited by WinterSoldier; 1st July 2014 at 09:13 PM.) Reason: Missing data.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by parveen75 View Post

Hello, first, thanks for answering.

Well, i'm always been stock, never tried another ROM.

I'm scared about the idea of the USB port problem, but if it's the port, why charges normal in USB? Pretty interesting.

WinterSoldier
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
It's working now, had to remove and install again SDK tools from the computer and reset the phone but it's solved.

Thanks a lot

parveen75
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterSoldier View Post
It's working now, had to remove and install again SDK tools from the computer and reset the phone but it's solved.

Thanks a lot
Thats nice.. It happn wth my samsung s2 once and its usb port problm.. Bt in ir case its drivers... My s2 got charging bt not connectng wth pc..