Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,814 Members 43,875 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 4 Back Cover not fitting in properly

Tip us?

BassBlaster
Old
(Last edited by BassBlaster; 7th August 2014 at 07:46 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 280
Phone [Q] Nexus 4 Back Cover not fitting in properly

Hey guys
So recently, I removed the back cover of my nexus 4 and did the power button fix, which said to put something like a small piece of paper on top of the lock button, and I did the fix and the button is working perfectly now

But now I have a new problem, after putting back the back cover in, all the sides snap back and taper in like normal, except the bottom side. At the bottom where the microUSB is, there is a line of space where the cover and the chrome meets and it looks horrible. For some reason the bottom isnt snapping in properly, because if i press on top of the cover near the microUSB port then I can feel it snap in, but it will snap out again by itself. Is there some sort of tab or something I need to pull out from the phone so it snaps in properly or something?

Can someone please help me with this? It's really ruining the feel of the phone & making it look old

Here are some photos to give perspective:
neu
eee
please someone help hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Thank You!

EDIT: When I take the screws out and push the bottom sides together the gap closes significantly, but as soon as I screw back the screws in then the gap becomes as big as the photo again...wtf? I think i'll have to use my N4 without the screws
Devices
Google Nexus 4 16GB - SmartQ Zwatch - Samsung Galaxy SL i9003 - Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 - Samsung Galaxy SII i9100
Soon
A Windows 8.1 x86 Tablet, probably 8 inch

If i've helped you, please press the Thanks button

Planterz
Old
Thanks Meter 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBlaster View Post
EDIT: When I take the screws out and push the bottom sides together the gap closes significantly, but as soon as I screw back the screws in then the gap becomes as big as the photo again...wtf? I think i'll have to use my N4 without the screws
You didn't crossthread the screws, did you?

The screws themselves screw into 2 metal posts that are on the back cover. It seems to me like maybe your screws aren't hitting the holes in those posts, but instead are missing and pushing it them out. Maybe something loose got in your case and is preventing it from closing down tightly, It could be something foreign, or it could be the antenna wire isn't nested between the battery and the frame, or if you completely disassembled the internals, perhaps something isn't snapped down all the way. But it definitely sounds like the screws are missing the holes in the posts, and instead your screws are going inbetween the top of the posts and the back cover, pushing it out and creating that gap.
Relax, go nutz!
Tags
back cover, fit, fitting, nexus 4, snap