Originally Posted by studacris
PDAnet's drivers may work. Simply install PDAnet (after uninstalling any previous attempted driver installations) to get the drivers.
I had installed PDANet from within Root Toolkit, and it didn't work. Just now, I uninstalled everything again, and installed PDANet from their web site. Still get no ADB device in Root Toolkit. [NB I didn't have PDANet on the phone, but it seems to be there now]
I tried running adb from the android SDK, and it says "error: device not found".
However, I noted there was an adb prompt on the phone when I first plugged it in, this time (which I told to always accept).
Wierd - it is now a bit further on. This is what I did:
Started PDANet on the phone, and enabled USB tethering.
Started PDANet on the computer, and it connected to the phone. At this point the USB debugging permission thing came up again, and I accepted it (also ticking the box to always accept).
Unticked USB tethering on the phone again.
Stopped PDANet on the computer (right click on icon, exit).
Tried the Root Toolkit again (pressed Root button), it connected to the device, and put it into fastboot mode.
The boot loader appeared on the phone, and the computer said "Checking Fastboot Status".
It seemed to stay like that for ever.
Killed the root toolkit. and tried again.
Left the computer for a while, and when I came back, it had completed.
So, it seems to be working now.