Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,477 Members 40,451 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 4 dead day after 4.4.3

Tip us?

TehArch
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post [Q] Nexus 4 dead day after 4.4.3

So i updated my (not a year old) nexus 4 yesterday and today it died.

First off:
Ive never done any rooting, OCing or anything else fancy with my nexus, nor has anyone else.

Now, some time today the nexus got stuck in a bootloop, it was freshly recharged so it kept rebooting.
In the beginning full boots, after a while it got stuck at the 4 circles, later at the google logo, until now: completely dead, i suspect because of a drained battery.

I've been recharging the device for a few hours now, the red notification light keeps blinking and there's no hope for a (safe) reboot (yet)...

Any advice?
Do i keep charging it or is it a lost cause?
I'd rather not tinker with the device's internals, in case i would void the warranty.

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,367
Is your bootloader unlocked? Charge it up and then flash the factory image with fastboot.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Bysler
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehArch View Post
So i updated my (not a year old) nexus 4 yesterday and today it died.

First off:
Ive never done any rooting, OCing or anything else fancy with my nexus, nor has anyone else.

Now, some time today the nexus got stuck in a bootloop, it was freshly recharged so it kept rebooting.
In the beginning full boots, after a while it got stuck at the 4 circles, later at the google logo, until now: completely dead, i suspect because of a drained battery.

I've been recharging the device for a few hours now, the red notification light keeps blinking and there's no hope for a (safe) reboot (yet)...

Any advice?
Do i keep charging it or is it a lost cause?
I'd rather not tinker with the device's internals, in case i would void the warranty.
My guess is that some files must have been corrupted during the update. Can you boot to fastboot mode (hold down both power and volume down)?.

Eregoth
Old
Thanks Meter 50
My phone is acting similarly since yesterday. Stuck at bootloop even after reflashing the whole 4.4.3 factory image. Even recovery works fine, I just can't get past the boot animation

atulclassic
Old
Thanks Meter 798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eregoth View Post
My phone is acting similarly since yesterday. Stuck at bootloop even after reflashing the whole 4.4.3 factory image. Even recovery works fine, I just can't get past the boot animation
have you tried wiping data/cache from stock recovery?
Nexus 4
PA 4.6 BETA1
Franco Kernel r212
TWRP 2.8.0.0

Press "Thanks" if i helped you

kcrims
Old
Thanks Meter 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by atulclassic View Post
have you tried wiping data/cache from stock recovery?
this should solve ur problem !