Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

[Q] Nexus 4 dead day after 4.4.3

OP TehArch

7th June 2014, 09:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
So i updated my (not a year old) nexus 4 yesterday and today it died.

First off:
Ive never done any rooting, OCing or anything else fancy with my nexus, nor has anyone else.

Now, some time today the nexus got stuck in a bootloop, it was freshly recharged so it kept rebooting.
In the beginning full boots, after a while it got stuck at the 4 circles, later at the google logo, until now: completely dead, i suspect because of a drained battery.

I've been recharging the device for a few hours now, the red notification light keeps blinking and there's no hope for a (safe) reboot (yet)...

Any advice?
Do i keep charging it or is it a lost cause?
I'd rather not tinker with the device's internals, in case i would void the warranty.
7th June 2014, 11:14 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,527

10,228 posts
Is your bootloader unlocked? Charge it up and then flash the factory image with fastboot.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
7th June 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehArch

So i updated my (not a year old) nexus 4 yesterday and today it died.

First off:
Ive never done any rooting, OCing or anything else fancy with my nexus, nor has anyone else.

Now, some time today the nexus got stuck in a bootloop, it was freshly recharged so it kept rebooting.
In the beginning full boots, after a while it got stuck at the 4 circles, later at the google logo, until now: completely dead, i suspect because of a drained battery.

I've been recharging the device for a few hours now, the red notification light keeps blinking and there's no hope for a (safe) reboot (yet)...

Any advice?
Do i keep charging it or is it a lost cause?
I'd rather not tinker with the device's internals, in case i would void the warranty.

My guess is that some files must have been corrupted during the update. Can you boot to fastboot mode (hold down both power and volume down)?.
8th June 2014, 07:23 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 54

73 posts
My phone is acting similarly since yesterday. Stuck at bootloop even after reflashing the whole 4.4.3 factory image. Even recovery works fine, I just can't get past the boot animation
12th June 2014, 10:48 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 807

756 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eregoth

My phone is acting similarly since yesterday. Stuck at bootloop even after reflashing the whole 4.4.3 factory image. Even recovery works fine, I just can't get past the boot animation

have you tried wiping data/cache from stock recovery?
12th June 2014, 01:05 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 155

60 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atulclassic

have you tried wiping data/cache from stock recovery?

this should solve ur problem !
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread