How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Nexus 4 Died Fix

OP xph11

4th July 2014, 02:41 PM   |  #11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
32 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCody

Is the LED always on or only when you plug in the charging cable. I may have a slightly presumption...

since the LED truned on i didn't disconnected the cable from the device, and the LED didn't turned off.
i dont know if to remove the cable right now, because if it is finally charging, i dont want to stop it and mess it up again.

so what now?

edit: i didn't disconnected the cable yet. but the Red LED turned off.
Last edited by xph11; 4th July 2014 at 02:44 PM.
4th July 2014, 02:49 PM   |  #12  
CCody's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 102
 
346 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by xph11

since the LED truned on i didn't disconnected the cable from the device, and the LED didn't turned off.
i dont know if to remove the cable right now, because if it is finally charging, i dont want to stop it and mess it up again.

so what now?

You are charging from the electrical outlet, are you?
Just let it charge for at least two hours, it is a good sign that the LED went on.

Furthermore this red LED also known as 'red light of death' is a common issue of Nexus devices. It's an indicator for the batterie not to charge or because there was a thermal shutdown cause by too much heat and you only can solve this by screw off your device.
I hope you dont must go this far. Just be patient and wait what happens after the charging period.
4th July 2014, 03:07 PM   |  #13  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
32 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCody

You are charging from the electrical outlet, are you?
Just let it charge for at least two hours, it is a good sign that the LED went on.

Furthermore this red LED also known as 'red light of death' is a common issue of Nexus devices. It's an indicator for the batterie not to charge or because there was a thermal shutdown cause by too much heat and you only can solve this by screw off your device.
I hope you dont must go this far. Just be patient and wait what happens after the charging period.

did you saw my edit?
4th July 2014, 03:08 PM   |  #14  
CCody's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 102
 
346 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by xph11

did you saw my edit?

Ya, I did. As I said, be patient, let it charge.
4th July 2014, 04:00 PM   |  #15  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
32 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCody

Ya, I did. As I said, be patient, let it charge.

i have just noticed that the phonr is not charging at all.
its like before the Red LED turned on for a few minutes..
4th July 2014, 04:12 PM   |  #16  
CCody's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 102
 
346 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Did you also try to charge it with another cable? Try again to press down volume down key and plug in the cable.
By 'not charging at all' do you mean, there isnt this batterie logo when charging?

Edit: Try this volume-down-plug-in-cable a couple of time. It may not work the first time you do it.
Last edited by CCody; 4th July 2014 at 04:14 PM.
4th July 2014, 05:15 PM   |  #17  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
32 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCody

Did you also try to charge it with another cable? Try again to press down volume down key and plug in the cable.
By 'not charging at all' do you mean, there isnt this batterie logo when charging?

Edit: Try this volume-down-plug-in-cable a couple of time. It may not work the first time you do it.

tried, not working.
when the phone i connected to charger, there is no LED light or somethinh on the screen.
4th July 2014, 05:20 PM   |  #18  
CCody's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 102
 
346 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by xph11

tried, not working.
when the phone i connected to charger, there is no LED light or somethinh on the screen.

I am sorry. I don't know what to do else. You may send your device to LG or Google...
5th July 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #19  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
32 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Thank you anyway
Anyone else knows what to do???
5th July 2014, 11:44 PM   |  #20  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 22,416
 
26,730 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by xph11

Thank you anyway
Anyone else knows what to do???

search "red light of death".
leaving it on the charger might fix it. taking off the back cover, disconnecting the battery, then reconnecting the battery is an almost 100% fix.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes