FORUMS

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more

Other than XDA (of Course), What’s Your Favorite Site That Covers Android?

There is a number of other great sites that cover … more

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Nexus 4 download speeds on Tmobile ?

18th June 2014, 09:03 PM |#1  
dspcap's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 251
 
More
What kind of download speeds are people getting with the Nexus 4 on Tmobile? Thinking of buying one for my son.
 
 
18th June 2014, 09:14 PM |#2  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 24,219
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspcap

What kind of download speeds are people getting with the Nexus 4 on Tmobile? Thinking of buying one for my son.

on hspa+, i see speeds between 30-36mbps download. and on lte i see speeds up to 65mbps download(depending where i am).
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th June 2014, 09:36 PM |#3  
dspcap's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 251
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

on hspa+, i see speeds between 30-36mbps download. and on lte i see speeds up to 65mbps download(depending where i am).

Your saying LTE, but I thought the Nexus 4 didn't have LTE?
18th June 2014, 09:45 PM |#4  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 24,219
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspcap

Your saying LTE, but I thought the Nexus 4 didn't have LTE?

officially it doesnt. but unofficially..
it was never approved by the fcc to have an lte radio, but does, to band 4. since it officially doesnt have an lte radio, it officially doesnt have lte. but it does. its lte capabilities have been disabled by software in its newer radios, but have been readded in modified radios that could be found here on xda. that, with the right apn, and some other numbers to change, it works with tmibile lte, as tmibile uses band 4

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

heres the hybrid radio thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...ction-t2412052
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th June 2014, 09:51 PM |#5  
dspcap's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 251
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

officially it doesnt. but unofficially..
it was never approved by the fcc to have an lte radio, but does, to band 4. since it officially doesnt have an lte radio, it officially doesnt have lte. but it does. its lte capabilities have been disabled by software in its newer radios, but have been readded in modified radios that could be found here on xda. that, with the right apn, and some other numbers to change, it works with tmibile lte, as tmibile uses band 4

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

heres the hybrid radio thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...ction-t2412052

That's awesome.... you just completely sold me on this for my son. That was the only thing holding me back from getting this phone for him.
18th June 2014, 09:59 PM |#6  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 24,219
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspcap

That's awesome.... you just completely sold me on this for my son. That was the only thing holding me back from getting this phone for him.

you dont need root on your device for this, but it does require an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery(bootloader can be relocked after recovery is flashed).
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th June 2014, 10:04 PM |#7  
dspcap's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 251
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

you dont need root on your device for this, but it does require an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery(bootloader can be relocked after recovery is flashed).

I plan to unlock the bootloader and root it. I want to teach my son how to do all of that, see if he enjoys it.
18th June 2014, 10:08 PM |#8  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 24,219
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspcap

I plan to unlock the bootloader and root it. I want to teach my son how to do all of that, see if he enjoys it.

sweet
19th June 2014, 06:55 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 136
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

on hspa+, i see speeds between 30-36mbps download. and on lte i see speeds up to 65mbps download(depending where i am).

whats your apn for hspa?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes