Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,798 Members 38,966 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 4 download speeds on Tmobile ?

Tip us?

dspcap
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 177
Default Nexus 4 download speeds on Tmobile ?

What kind of download speeds are people getting with the Nexus 4 on Tmobile? Thinking of buying one for my son.

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21138
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspcap View Post
What kind of download speeds are people getting with the Nexus 4 on Tmobile? Thinking of buying one for my son.
on hspa+, i see speeds between 30-36mbps download. and on lte i see speeds up to 65mbps download(depending where i am).
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dspcap
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
on hspa+, i see speeds between 30-36mbps download. and on lte i see speeds up to 65mbps download(depending where i am).
Your saying LTE, but I thought the Nexus 4 didn't have LTE?

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21138
Quote:
Your saying LTE, but I thought the Nexus 4 didn't have LTE?
officially it doesnt. but unofficially..
it was never approved by the fcc to have an lte radio, but does, to band 4. since it officially doesnt have an lte radio, it officially doesnt have lte. but it does. its lte capabilities have been disabled by software in its newer radios, but have been readded in modified radios that could be found here on xda. that, with the right apn, and some other numbers to change, it works with tmibile lte, as tmibile uses band 4

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

heres the hybrid radio thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...ction-t2412052
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dspcap
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 177
Quote:
officially it doesnt. but unofficially..
it was never approved by the fcc to have an lte radio, but does, to band 4. since it officially doesnt have an lte radio, it officially doesnt have lte. but it does. its lte capabilities have been disabled by software in its newer radios, but have been readded in modified radios that could be found here on xda. that, with the right apn, and some other numbers to change, it works with tmibile lte, as tmibile uses band 4

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

heres the hybrid radio thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...ction-t2412052
That's awesome.... you just completely sold me on this for my son. That was the only thing holding me back from getting this phone for him.

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21138
Quote:
That's awesome.... you just completely sold me on this for my son. That was the only thing holding me back from getting this phone for him.
you dont need root on your device for this, but it does require an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery(bootloader can be relocked after recovery is flashed).
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22

dspcap
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 177
Quote:
you dont need root on your device for this, but it does require an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery(bootloader can be relocked after recovery is flashed).
I plan to unlock the bootloader and root it. I want to teach my son how to do all of that, see if he enjoys it.

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21138
Quote:
I plan to unlock the bootloader and root it. I want to teach my son how to do all of that, see if he enjoys it.
sweet
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22

Warbuff
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
whats your apn for hspa?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk