[Q] Nexus 4 headset mic volume problem

OP sunheatyy

29th April 2014, 07:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I have a Nexus 4 and I don't have a matching headset. I did not buy the Google Play Store headset because I do not like plugin earphones. I tried the headset that comes with iPhone 4S and it works, however during calls the mic volume is very low, while the earphone volume is just unbearably loud. Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem?

I assume this has something to do with impedance. Again, however, I cannot find this key information in Nexus 4's specification or the Google Play Store headset's. This can also be compatibility or software issue. But I read somewhere on the internet that unfortunately the mic volume and the earphone volume are not separately adjustable on Nexus 4. If that's not the case, please give me a guide as to how to do it. I am running factory 4.4 rom, rooted and GravityBox installed. If it has something to do with compatibility and/or impedance, please recommend a model (with mic) that works best with Nexus 4 which is not plugin when it comes to earphones. In terms of sound quality, I am not picky. To me, the iPhone headset isn't bad in sound quality. And I'd be totally satisfied if the sound quality is at the same level or close to a Sennheiser MX500.

Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread