Nexus 4 all keyboards bug

OP badferret

13th June 2014, 12:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hello everyone,
Since the official upgrade to 4.4.3 on Nexus 4 I am no longer able to use the "R" key, "D" and "X" and the number 4 ... I am from Canada so my keyboard is qwerty (in my opinion it makes no difference) I tested the google keyboard, SwiftKey and swype: (
What can I do? it's been a week that I try to write with synonyms ...
Thank you in advance for your help.
PS: You get my eternal respect if you are able to explain to me how to solve without using these letters!
13th June 2014, 01:05 PM   |  #2  
Flag Gwalior
Thanks Meter: 651

1,726 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by badferret

Hello everyone,
Since the official upgrade to 4.4.3 on Nexus 4 I am no longer able to use the "R" key, "D" and "X" and the number 4 ... I am from Canada so my keyboard is qwerty (in my opinion it makes no difference) I tested the google keyboard, SwiftKey and swype: (
What can I do? it's been a week that I try to write with synonyms ...
Thank you in advance for your help.
PS: You get my eternal respect if you are able to explain to me how to solve without using these letters!

Are you rooted? The place where those keys are working on normal apps? Open another app and test that area maybe your screen is faulty.
13th June 2014, 02:15 PM   |  #3  
Flag Saudi Arabia
Thanks Meter: 742

2,306 posts
More
What happens when you tap on them? can you see them flawlessly? (To test this, have someone post them to you on WhatsApp*)

*Only use whatsapp, I want to check something.
14th June 2014, 08:20 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Thanks for your questions!

@Marviesz Not quit sure to understand your question, but when I tap on letter "r" I got a "t", with "d" sometime I got "nothing" or "s" or "f" or "s and f". I tried WhatsApp and it's still the same issue with the official keyboard.

@sidnoit22 I'm not rooted and with this phone I always been with the official ROM. I downloaded "Fruit Ninja" and "Test touch" on Gplay as you can see in attach files i have a band with no interaction, like my finger is a ghost. When I tried Chrome I can feel the bug when I scroll up and down but it's really discret.

What can I do?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-14-14-26-36.png
Views:	25
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	2798347  
Last edited by badferret; 14th June 2014 at 08:28 PM.
15th June 2014, 05:30 AM   |  #5  
Flag Gwalior
Thanks Meter: 651

1,726 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by badferret

Thanks for your questions!

@Marviesz Not quit sure to understand your question, but when I tap on letter "r" I got a "t", with "d" sometime I got "nothing" or "s" or "f" or "s and f". I tried WhatsApp and it's still the same issue with the official keyboard.

@sidnoit22 I'm not rooted and with this phone I always been with the official ROM. I downloaded "Fruit Ninja" and "Test touch" on Gplay as you can see in attach files i have a band with no interaction, like my finger is a ghost. When I tried Chrome I can feel the bug when I scroll up and down but it's really discret.

What can I do?

First backup all your data and flash factory img from Google. If that doesn't work it might be your screen fault.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread