[Q] Nexus 4 turning off and will not turn on

Search This thread

Mike20020

Apr 23, 2014
I have a Nexus 4 and it will turn off about every hour and will not turn back on unless it is plugged in. I have done a factory reset and have no apps on it and it still happens. When it shuts off the battery still the 70+ percent left. Does anyone now if this is a hardware problem or something to do with Android 4.4.2?

belictony

Jun 11, 2013
Its due to battery memory being lost and the phone cannot estimate how much battery is left accurately.

Do a full discharge and full charge

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

fisheyes1

Jun 8, 2012
Its due to battery memory being lost and the phone cannot estimate how much battery is left accurately.

Do a full discharge and full charge

^ this
This has also happened to my old phone. I also suggest leaving it on charge for a long period to ensure a full charge. Then do a full battery cycle. Also turn it off when you charge.

belictony

Jun 11, 2013
^ this
This has also happened to my old phone. I also suggest leaving it on charge for a long period to ensure a full charge. Then do a full battery cycle. Also turn it off when you charge.
If you leave it on charge for a long period, when the phone inaccurately recognizes the not yet full battery as full(100%) , the battery stops charging. The maximum rate of input to the battery will be reduced to 0-1ma and it's not good for the battery to be in constant change.

I have this problem in my phone currently. After doing a full discharge and recharge the phone and battery will regain its limits