Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Nexus 4 turning off and will not turn on

OP Mike20020

23rd April 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I have a Nexus 4 and it will turn off about every hour and will not turn back on unless it is plugged in. I have done a factory reset and have no apps on it and it still happens. When it shuts off the battery still the 70+ percent left. Does anyone now if this is a hardware problem or something to do with Android 4.4.2?
23rd April 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #2  
Flag Coimbatore
Thanks Meter: 10

111 posts
More
Its due to battery memory being lost and the phone cannot estimate how much battery is left accurately.

Do a full discharge and full charge

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
23rd April 2014, 10:41 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by belictony

Its due to battery memory being lost and the phone cannot estimate how much battery is left accurately.

Do a full discharge and full charge

^ this
This has also happened to my old phone. I also suggest leaving it on charge for a long period to ensure a full charge. Then do a full battery cycle. Also turn it off when you charge.
24th April 2014, 04:27 AM   |  #4  
Flag Coimbatore
Thanks Meter: 10

111 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheyes1

^ this
This has also happened to my old phone. I also suggest leaving it on charge for a long period to ensure a full charge. Then do a full battery cycle. Also turn it off when you charge.

If you leave it on charge for a long period, when the phone inaccurately recognizes the not yet full battery as full(100%) , the battery stops charging. The maximum rate of input to the battery will be reduced to 0-1ma and it's not good for the battery to be in constant change.

I have this problem in my phone currently. After doing a full discharge and recharge the phone and battery will regain its limits

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread