Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,571 Members 54,860 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 4 turning off and will not turn on

Tip us?

Mike20020
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Nexus 4 turning off and will not turn on

I have a Nexus 4 and it will turn off about every hour and will not turn back on unless it is plugged in. I have done a factory reset and have no apps on it and it still happens. When it shuts off the battery still the 70+ percent left. Does anyone now if this is a hardware problem or something to do with Android 4.4.2?

belictony
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Its due to battery memory being lost and the phone cannot estimate how much battery is left accurately.

Do a full discharge and full charge

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

fisheyes1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by belictony View Post
Its due to battery memory being lost and the phone cannot estimate how much battery is left accurately.

Do a full discharge and full charge

^ this
This has also happened to my old phone. I also suggest leaving it on charge for a long period to ensure a full charge. Then do a full battery cycle. Also turn it off when you charge.

belictony
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheyes1 View Post
^ this
This has also happened to my old phone. I also suggest leaving it on charge for a long period to ensure a full charge. Then do a full battery cycle. Also turn it off when you charge.
If you leave it on charge for a long period, when the phone inaccurately recognizes the not yet full battery as full(100%) , the battery stops charging. The maximum rate of input to the battery will be reduced to 0-1ma and it's not good for the battery to be in constant change.

I have this problem in my phone currently. After doing a full discharge and recharge the phone and battery will regain its limits