Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,869 Members 39,324 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 4 random shutdowns on 4.4.4

Tip us?

swiftyy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagdish84 View Post
Im still random shutdown free, im not sure the solution i suggested on my earlier post will work for you but you can always try it and see...
How many hours has your phone been on? Mine usually shutdowns itself after 30+ hours.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Nexus 4

swiftyy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by danmen2 View Post
Try a 4.4.3 kernel like hellscore b47 or if you think it's a wifi issue a 4.4.2 version like b46 with the wifi fix.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...table-t2495373
I just reflashed PA 4.41 and running the kernel that came with PA. I believe it's the stock android one. Let's see how it goes.

Nexus 4

swiftyy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideswipe14 View Post
same problem here 100% stock android 4.4.4 (using nova but can't imagine that matters) last night was the first time i picked up the phone and pressed the power button... nothing. long pressed the power button for 8-10 seconds and it booted up. now again about 15 hours later i pick up the phone press the power button and nothing. never happened before and i assume its something to do with the 4.4.4 update. i dont use auto updating in the play store and this has literally never happened before yesterday.
When did you update to 4.4.4? I never experienced this on 4.4.2 either. Only started happening after I updated to 4.4.4. I think for me it happened the first night after updating.

Nexus 4

CCody
Old
Thanks Meter 82
The only thing I can tell you is, that 4.4.4 causes a lot of problems recently. You are by far not the only one with this problem. I've also experienced random shutdowns like yours, bootloops, devices not turning on again...
Especially stock 4.4.4 causes problems. I could not identify the problem or bugfixes by now. It is really complicated since some devices work fine with 4.4.4 and some dont.
I only can suggest you to flash a 4.4.3 rom. That is the only work around.

Jagdish84
Old
Thanks Meter 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftyy View Post
How many hours has your phone been on? Mine usually shutdowns itself after 30+ hours.

Approx 24 hrs atm

gabelcz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
same problem here...

androidsnyder
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Same here.

I have had the same problem since i updated to 4.4.4... except mine shuts off only when i touch the screen (like pull the menu down, open a app, ect.) so, I went and did a factory reset, nothing changed. downloaded the Nexus Root Toolkit, did a flash stock to 4.4.4 again, nothing.. Then now I have tried another flash stock to 4.4.3 but now have manually updated to 4.4.4. I will reply again to see if this changes anything.

My Nexus 4 is completely stock, not rooted, never tampered. So I am very surprised with this issue, but I have had another issue.. Along with the shutting off issue I have a problem which so far was fixed with the first Flash stock(i think) I would use my Nexus 4 with signal for texting and using data but when i went to actually use data like to search something up it would randomly say i have "no service".. not sure why it did this, happened when I had 4 bars and didn't move..

androidsnyder
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Still not working

After I did the Flash Stock to 4.4.3 and then manually updated to 4.4.4, my nexus still doesnt work. Dont even bother trying it.