XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 4 RMA scum?

Tip us?

lowert
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Default Nexus 4 RMA scum?

I wrote on the official google forum that I have a problem.
I got a reply to my email form "googleplay-support@google.com" saying that they will help me with the problem.We had some conversations but in the 8th email they said they open an rma process and I have to give them the phone's imei and the shipping adress,full name,etc..
I haven't got a reply since then(it was about 3 days ago).I'm afraid that this could be a fake/scam ?They wrote to me day-to-day before the imei question.So what do you guys think?
Nexus 4 - Slim Bean BUILD5 w\ Trinity Kernel Build125
Nexus S - Hellybean

AlderCass
Old
Thanks Meter 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowert View Post
I got a reply to my email form "googleplay-support@google.com" saying that they will help me with the problem.We had some conversations but in the 8th email they said they open an rma process and I have to give them the phone's imei and the shipping adress,full name,etc..
I haven't got a reply since then(it was about 3 days ago).I'm afraid that this could be a fake/scam ?They wrote to me day-to-day before the imei question.So what do you guys think?
If it's a conversation with an @google.com email address it's not a scam - it's possible to fake emails from any address but if you were able to reply to it, that's their real address and it's safe.

LG Nexus 5 | ParanoidAndroid 4.2 BETA1 | Franco Kernel
Asus Nexus 7 FHD Wi-Fi | Stock Android 4.4.2 | Franco Kernel | Xposed Framework

crozbomb
Old
Thanks Meter 13
i don't see how giving this info would compromise you in any way? you sound like my dad who thinks everyone who sends him an email is stealing from him.
The Following User Says Thank You to crozbomb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

taodan
Old
Thanks Meter 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowert View Post
If you are in doubt, you can check the full email header from the one that you received from "googleplay-support@google.com" to see whether it is a legitimate email from Google. You might want to track the IP address of the sender as well.
DISCLAIMER: Click the button at your own risk! I am not responsible for your mistake.

~!~ Backup Phone: Nexus One ~!~
  • HBOOT: Latest Blackrose S-off
  • Recovery: Amon_RA v2.21
  • ROM: ICS AOKP Milestone 5
  • Kernel: Tiamat & Shaky156 ICS 03142012
  • SD Card: 16GB
~!~ Acer Iconia A500 Tablet ~!~
  • Recovery: CWM rev1.7 by Thor2002ro
  • ROM: CM10 JellyTime 4.1.2
  • Kernel: 2.6.39.4+
  • SD Card: 8GB