Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,692 Members 40,145 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 4 ROM

Tip us?

LGriffin
Old
(Last edited by LGriffin; 21st June 2014 at 05:57 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Nexus 4 ROM

I have a Sansung Galaxy Nexus 4 (Verizon), it tells me the build is JDQ39. I want to set it up to dualboot, before I do I'd like to have the stock ROM on hand. I've downloaded ROMs for the JDQ39 build, but they expect the board to be 'Toro' not 'Tuna'. In looking at the list for factory ROMs it dosen't show a ROM for Tunq. It also appears that Toro, Mako, Magura, are linked to the Tuna board, what's going.

The reason I know my board is 'Tuna" , is the error msg when I try to flash a JDQ39 build ROM. The system - phone info only displays a build number.

`Larry

coolqf
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Hi Larry. Pls double check which phone you have. Tuna is Samsung. The Nexus 4 is made by LG.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20722
the nexus 4 was never made for verizon, because of their galaxy nexus disrespect. you have a galaxy nexus, which is a dual core samsung made device. the nexus 4 is a quad core lg device.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

LGriffin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
the nexus 4 was never made for verizon, because of their galaxy nexus disrespect. you have a galaxy nexus, which is a dual core samsung made device. the nexus 4 is a quad core lg device.
The phone was sold to me as a "Samsung I515 Galaxy Nexus 4G LTE" are saying it is not a Nexus. Did Samsung have some license agreement to use the Nexus name, or is this some public misconception the Samsung is a Nexus.

coolqf
Old
Thanks Meter 33
There we go, that's the correct name. You have the toro. You should go to the Samsung galaxy nexus. Here's the link for the stock ROMs https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

LGriffin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I downloaded the Mysid image for the JDQ39 build, I'll verify in the morn. I'll have to continue when necessary in the galaxy forum. Thanks for you support. 8-)

Larry