Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,303 Members 42,515 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 4 Rooted Unlocked, Mistakenly did the OTA update.

Tip us?

fariisiqbal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Nexus 4 Rooted Unlocked, Mistakenly did the OTA update.

My nexus 4 was gone for repair for a while cos the screen was broken, so i didnt get to enable USB debugging.
And i got it back and i gave it the go for update, without thinking about it, and all it does now is its bootloop on Kitkat.
Really dont want my 100$ gone to waste cos of this.

arffrhn
Old
Thanks Meter 721
Have you tried factory reset? Is your phone bootloader unlocked? If so, just flash back factory images. Guide
Samsung Galaxy S Advance i9070 || ROM: HarshJelly || Kernel: Cocore

Google Nexus 4 || ROM: Mahdi-Rom || Kernel: hells-Core // AK POSEIDON series || Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
The Following User Says Thank You to arffrhn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fariisiqbal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by arffrhn View Post
Have you tried factory reset? Is your phone bootloader unlocked? If so, just flash back factory images. Guide
Yeah i did try factory reset, but it just went back to the bootloop. I will try that now and give you an update. I just hope that the whole USB debugging thing doesnt become an issue

fariisiqbal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
'fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Coming up with that error when im using the cmd. Ive also set the PATH right, no avail.
Any ideas?

arffrhn
Old
Thanks Meter 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by fariisiqbal View Post
'fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Coming up with that error when im using the cmd. Ive also set the PATH right, no avail.
Any ideas?
Try shift+right-click in the platform-tools folder and select open cmd from there. Still can't?

Google Nexus 4 || ROM: Mahdi-Rom || Kernel: hells-Core // AK POSEIDON series || Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0

fariisiqbal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Try shift+right-click in the platform-tools folder and select open cmd from there. Still can't?
Got past that without a problem, flashing user data atm. Wondering if the root will come into play after this? Or will it i loose the root?

arffrhn
Old
Thanks Meter 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by fariisiqbal View Post
Got past that without a problem, flashing user data atm. Wondering if the root will come into play after this? Or will it i loose the root?
Your root is lost if you flash back factory images. Just download supersu and flash it in latest cwm/twrp. All is fine then.

Sent from a battery powered device