[Q] Nexus 4 into salt water

OP MaNFr3

20th August 2014, 04:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Milano
Thanks Meter: 11

185 posts
More
Hi, my unlucky Nexus 4 fell in salt water and there has been for a few seconds. When i catched up, without thinking about it, I powered on the screen. I saw it was working so i turn off the screen and continued to walk (Error#1: I had not turn off the phone).

Completely dead turning on using power botton; under charge a: 11 red led blink - pause - 11 red led blink.

I opened it and removed the salt from the circuits.

Now:
- a blinkin red led charging with original power adaptor
- a continual red led charging via USB mode

In all of this I was able to turn on the device randomly a few times by pressing the power button and volume up, it seemed to work apart the screen that flicker until it turns off (after a while).

is there a way to recover it?

Thanks in advance
21st August 2014, 01:59 PM   |  #2  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 3,802

3,975 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaNFr3

Hi, my unlucky Nexus 4 fell in salt water and there has been for a few seconds. When i catched up, without thinking about it, I powered on the screen. I saw it was working so i turn off the screen and continued to walk (Error#1: I had not turn off the phone).

Completely dead turning on using power botton; under charge a: 11 red led blink - pause - 11 red led blink.

I opened it and removed the salt from the circuits.

Now:
- a blinkin red led charging with original power adaptor
- a continual red led charging via USB mode

In all of this I was able to turn on the device randomly a few times by pressing the power button and volume up, it seemed to work apart the screen that flicker until it turns off (after a while).

is there a way to recover it?

Thanks in advance

The only main thing done WRONG here was turning on the phone on regular intervals.. You should have opened and cleared all the salt kept it in rice,this removes the left over moisture in phone and then you should have tried powering it on.

I doubt your phone is dead almost dead now. nothing can be done in this case.
21st August 2014, 02:14 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Milano

185 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit02

The only main thing done WRONG here was turning on the phone on regular intervals.. You should have opened and cleared all the salt kept it in rice,this removes the left over moisture in phone and then you should have tried powering it on.

I doubt your phone is dead almost dead now. nothing can be done in this case.

I've just replaced USB power module, now i get solid red led on charge. No wake up way.

R.I.P. N4, Welcome Moto G
24th August 2014, 04:43 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Milano

185 posts
More
Could be solid red error caused by 'display not found'? Cause I opened again the phone, I saw some burns on the bottom of the display flex cable.

I want to fix my phone but I can't understand which piece is broken mobo or display
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread