Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,048 Members 46,340 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 4 Sense 6 port?

Tip us?

RealSlimShadyMC
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 681
Default Nexus 4 Sense 6 port?

Okay, this isn't a dev thread specifically. I personally have no porting knowledge whatsoever, I don't use Linux (well, not all the time), not even a github account.

I saw recently that a developer managed to port Sense 6 to the Nexus 5, using AOSP binaries. A lot of things are broken, but that's to be expected. It's a bootable, functioning ROM.

I was wondering if anyone would have the expertise to make such a ROM for the good ol' Nexus 4? If anyone has any issues with this thread, please inform me via PM. I dislike bashing against anyone, and I'd prefer to keep it clean.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

XDA Banner

RealSlimShadyMC
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 681
Also, preferably the real thing. I know beggars don't choose, but I like to stay away from CM based ROMs for the sake of basic things like ChainFire's SuperSU instead of Koush's, and AOSP instead of CAF kernel so I can still use Hells Doctor

XDA Banner

prendomiao
Old
Thanks Meter 54
we can try but the problem is the resolution... sense is optimized for 1080 and 720p... now i'll try to port a rom... XD impossible but a try :P (PS I'm not a developer.. i follow guides then we can try to solve bugs if there are )
Sorry for my bad english if I wrote something wrong
If I helped you, you may click button Thanks

LG Optimus GT540
ROM: Project IceCreamSwift Final ( DEAD )

Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101 Wi-Fi 16GB
ROM: Android Revolution HD 3.6 by mike1986 (waiting also for an Ubuntu IMG)

LG Nexus 4
ROM: Stock 4.4.4

LG Nexus 5
ROM: Paranoid Android 4.4.1 (Android 4.4.4)
The Following User Says Thank You to prendomiao For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RealSlimShadyMC
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 681
I know about the HTC apps, but they don't work very well. No ART support (for now), navbar is broken in blinkfeed, and most don't work (not bashing the person who posted them, its a great start at least)

XDA Banner

RealSlimShadyMC
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by prendomiao View Post
we can try but the problem is the resolution... sense is optimized for 1080 and 720p... now i'll try to port a rom... XD impossible but a try :P (PS I'm not a developer.. i follow guides then we can try to solve bugs if there are )
Our N4 is 720p thanks! Anything is great! I wanna learn to do basic things like porting eventually, but for a 13 (yes, laugh all you like) year old going through GCSEs, with next to no free time due to exams to even find a place to start :/ once all that crap is out of the way, I'm gonna learn as much as I can and eventually make my own stuff

XDA Banner

prendomiao
Old
Thanks Meter 54
no our n4 is 768p PS: there is a problem.. One M7 and M8 have bigger images than N4 ones (1.2GB and 1.3GB for M7 and M8)... now i'll download it if my internet can XD

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

:P we are young... i want to compile but there is everything for N4 XD
Sorry for my bad english if I wrote something wrong
If I helped you, you may click button Thanks

LG Optimus GT540
ROM: Project IceCreamSwift Final ( DEAD )

Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101 Wi-Fi 16GB
ROM: Android Revolution HD 3.6 by mike1986 (waiting also for an Ubuntu IMG)

LG Nexus 4
ROM: Stock 4.4.4

LG Nexus 5
ROM: Paranoid Android 4.4.1 (Android 4.4.4)
The Following User Says Thank You to prendomiao For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RealSlimShadyMC
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by prendomiao View Post
no our n4 is 768p PS: there is a problem.. One M7 and M8 have bigger images than N4 ones (1.2GB and 1.3GB for M7 and M8)... now i'll download it if my internet can XD
Darn! Meh, it'll be worth it if it works! A Sense ROM for the N4 AHS never been done before, only attempted.

XDA Banner