XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 4 stuck on Android 4.4 entry

Tip us?

rcholic
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Nexus 4 stuck on Android 4.4 entry

I followed the tutorial on this forum to unroot my Nexus 4 with the factory 4.4 image package (which contains boot.img, userdata.img, system.img, etc). But when everything was done and I tried to reboot into Android my phone is stuck at the android entry page (see the attached screenshot). Does this mean my phone becomes a brick now? how to fix the problem? Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_stuck.JPG
Views:	311
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	2412904  

balus3u
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcholic View Post
I followed the tutorial on this forum to unroot my Nexus 4 with the factory 4.4 image package (which contains boot.img, userdata.img, system.img, etc). But when everything was done and I tried to reboot into Android my phone is stuck at the android entry page (see the attached screenshot). Does this mean my phone becomes a brick now? how to fix the problem? Thanks in advance

its not bricked as far as you can get to fastboot. from the screenshot i dont think its bricked and it happens very rarely.
i dont know which method you followed , i suggest you to flash the stock 4.4 factory image once again. make sure the the downloaded file is not broken , its advised to check the MD5 Checksum given in the site to the file you downloaded. if you were using sdk tools before , i suggest you to try wugfresh toolkit.

good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to balus3u For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

badboy47
Old
Thanks Meter 683

DONATE TO ME
^^^ As said above use the wugfresh toolkit.