OP nl393a

24th February 2014, 12:33 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
Nexus 4 Stuck on TWRP v2.6.3.0 With no Phone Access
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Go into recovery and do a factory reset.

Sent from my Nexus 5

jd1639, your method seems to be the simplest (I was going to try Wugfresh, however, it requires my phone to be on debugging - phone access to which I do not have!). Please let me know where in TWRP where I can do a factory reset.

Thank you.
24th February 2014, 01:36 PM   |  #12  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,536

10,252 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nl393a

jd1639, your method seems to be the simplest (I was going to try Wugfresh, however, it requires my phone to be on debugging - phone access to which I do not have!). Please let me know where in TWRP where I can do a factory reset.

Thank you.

I assumed you had the stock recovery. In twrp you could try to wipe userdata, wipe, advanced.

Sent from my Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2014, 03:53 PM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

I assumed you had the stock recovery. In twrp you could try to wipe userdata, wipe, advanced.

Sent from my Nexus 5

And this will not erase my personal data (on my phone), correct?
24th February 2014, 04:08 PM   |  #14  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,536

10,252 posts
Quote:

It'll erase your apps and data. Not photos, etc.

Sent from my Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2014, 05:23 PM   |  #15  
Florida
Thanks Meter: 2,030

5,962 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

I am confused here you want to get your phone back up and running but you are worried about losing data. I see some pretty good suggestions in here and I hope they have helped but if not I believe better knowledge of how things work prior to flashing would of helped you out.

Now with that said and the links given have you simply tried to do a factory reset in TWRP and then push a rom over to your phone and flash it. Is your phone showing up when plugged into a pc while in recovery. Also flashing images would mean you would have to be in Fastboot mode. Now instructions on all of these methods have been created in xda. Take your time and research because its hard to mess up a Nexus and with a little time and following instructions everything will be ok.

good luck
24th February 2014, 06:55 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 36

70 posts
More
Use Wugfresh Tookit to revert to full stock, search it on google
25th February 2014, 12:15 AM   |  #17  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
Hi playa,

I have to admit I never spent the time to acquire the needed knowledge in rooting an android. My original intention (in rooting the Nexus 4) was just to have the device rooted so that I can remove the bloat ware that came installed on the phone so that the battery will last better.

No, I have not done a factory reset in TWRP and pushed a rom over to my phone as I do not how to do either function. I see 8 blocks on my TWRP screen: "INSTALL", "WIPE", "BACKUP", "RESTORE", "MOUNT", "SETTINGS", "ADVANCED", and "REBOOT".

Which one should I click on for factory reset? And how do I "push a rom"? Where can I find fastboot mode?

No, when I plug my phone into my pc, it does not show up as "device detected".

Thank you.

p.s. I also tried the Wugfresh Toolkit to revert to full stock suggestion from alexcheveau, however, eventually, it asks me to put the device in debugging - which brings me full-cycle back to square one - I needed phone access to set it to debugging, however, I need to do a Wugfresh Toolkit full stock revert in order to have phone access......
25th February 2014, 12:37 AM   |  #18  
Flag Montreal

47 posts
More
Hi

To factory reset, its under wipe button

Quote:

Hi playa,

I have to admit I never spent the time to acquire the needed knowledge in rooting an android. My original intention (in rooting the Nexus 4) was just to have the device rooted so that I can remove the bloat ware that came installed on the phone so that the battery will last better.

No, I have not done a factory reset in TWRP and pushed a rom over to my phone as I do not how to do either function. I see 8 blocks on my TWRP screen: "INSTALL", "WIPE", "BACKUP", "RESTORE", "MOUNT", "SETTINGS", "ADVANCED", and "REBOOT".

Which one should I click on for factory reset? And how do I "push a rom"? Where can I find fastboot mode?

No, when I plug my phone into my pc, it does not show up as "device detected".

Thank you.

p.s. I also tried the Wugfresh Toolkit to revert to full stock suggestion from alexcheveau, however, eventually, it asks me to put the device in debugging - which brings me full-cycle back to square one - I needed phone access to set it to debugging, however, I need to do a Wugfresh Toolkit full stock revert in order to have phone access......

25th February 2014, 11:19 PM   |  #19  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
Hi all,

Just wanted to let all of you know I got the phone service back on my Nexus 4!

I did the factory reset in twrp, then I did the adb sideload. It took quite a while (a couple hours actually).

I would like to thank every one who jumped in to help me out (and a big "Thank You" given to each of you). Again - Thank you all.

Strangely, when I tried to download Candy Crush, after installing, there is no "Open" button, and there is not a Candy Crush icon on the app page. A lot of Google apps do not react when I tried to download.

Thank you.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread