5,606,779 Members 38,124 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 4 Stuck on TWRP v2.6.3.0 With no Phone Access - again!

Tip us?

nl393a
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Nexus 4 Stuck on TWRP v2.6.3.0 With no Phone Access - again!

Previously I went in and checked some Cyanogenmod updates on my phone. I noticed some updates have been downloaded but not installed. So I went in and manually installed it. Before I proceed, there was a pop up reminding me about something. However, I did not pay attention to it and proceeded to install the update. Long story short - my phone has been stuck on the Team Win Recovery Project v2.6.3.0 with no way of getting back into having phone access.

With the help of the good folks on the XDA Forum Community, I finally got the phone access back. However, none of the Google apps work. So I messed with it in TWRP again - and lo and behold - I lost my phone access - again!

I have tried looking up various ways of trying to get my phone access back. However, all instructions appear to work on the premise that there's phone access in the first place (steps such as: debugging, uncheck MTP, turn on Pdanet, even Flash Stock + Unroot in Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit - all require that there's phone access - which put me at a dead-end!).

When I had an iPhone 3G (jail broken), whenever I messed up, there's always a way out. I just can't believe a rooted Nexus 4 does not have such an escape option.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. My Nexus 4 has Jelly Bean 4.2.2, rooted, with Cyanogenmod CM 10.1.3

albundy2010
Old
Thanks Meter 1889
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2527142

[Factory Image] [mako] Kit Kat 4.4 - KRT16O - Download+Instructions

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 274
Try using Wugfresh NRT to restore to stock.

nl393a
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Nexus 4 Stuck on TWRP v2.6.3.0 With no Phone Access - again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by albundy2010 View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2527142

[Factory Image] [mako] Kit Kat 4.4 - KRT16O - Download+Instructions
Hi albundy2010,

For the life of me, I cannot locate where Fastboot is in my folders. The only "Fastboot" file that I could find is located in my "Download" folder, which when I tried to extract the Kitkat firmware, it would not accept. Is that a file that I can download somewhere? I guess this method is to fastboot the Kitkat 4.4. so as to kill the rooting, correct?

Thank you.

nl393a
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13 View Post
Try using Wugfresh NRT to restore to stock.
Hi audit13,

By "Wugfresh NRT", do you mean the Wugfresh Nexus Toolkit"? Because when I googled Wugfresh NRT, that's what I got. I have tried Wug's toolkit, to which every option requires that I have phone access (which I do not). If there's actually a Wugfresh NRT that is not the same as Wugfresh Nexus Toolkit, please provide the link to it.

Thank you.

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 274
Can you get into fastboot on your phone?

nl393a
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Can you get into fastboot on your phone?
Hi ausit13, if you mean the screen with android with the exposed chest -yes.

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by nl393a View Post
Hi ausit13, if you mean the screen with android with the exposed chest -yes.
That is fastboot mode which will allow you to flash a stock rom.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...plete-t2039162

nl393a
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
That is fastboot mode which will allow you to flash a stock rom.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...plete-t2039162
I see. I will keep searching for Fastboot in my folders. I believe sideloading would work to get my phone service back.

Thank you for the link to AndroidRootz. It looks promising as it does not appear to need phone access to accomplish. I am at work now. Whein I get home today, I will surely give it a go.

Thank you

nl393a
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

Well, I tried the AndroidRootz and it did not work. Now I have noticed that when I plug in the USB charger to my pc, it doesn't even get recognized. However, when I pull up the Device Manager, it says my device is working properly.

Since I lost phone access, there is no way to manipulate the phone to have the pc recognize the phone. I am really at a dead end here.

All instructions requires that I have access to the phone (i.e. debugging, check MTP etc). Now even my pc can't recognize my phone. I really don't know what else I can try.

I have tries WugFresh's Toolkit, MSkps Toolkit, side loading - all without success. If anything, the phone is in worse condition than I started (with the issue of having lost my phone access).

I'd like to just flash Kit Kat 4.4 just to have my phone access back. However, it requires that I have phone access to start with! Ironic, isn't it?!?!