Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Nexus 4 vs HTC One X vs Galaxy S3 vs Note 2 vs G Pro vs Xperia ZL in real world

OP sher_dil

22nd January 2014, 11:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
38 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
I have only used dumb-phones until now and plan to get a smartphone.
I did a little surfing and found Adreno 320 is better than Mali 400 GPU and Qualcomm Snapdragons are better than Samsung Exynos, right?
But in real world they say Note 2 is considered better phone than Nexus 4. I don't understand this.
Different phones top in different benchmarks, and still some things like display quality are not considered in benchmarks i guess, right?

Now I haven't used any smartphone before, and the I would be using it for gaming or watching videos/movies only most of the time as I'm a student.
Which of these phones that I mentioned (all in 23-29,000 INR range) are better than others in reality?
Those who have used these phones or are techsavy might be able to guide me in making the right choice

Just found S3 in India has different specs than in US, Canada etc.
India: 1.4 Ghz Quad-core Exynos 4412,Mali-400,1GB
US: 1.5 Ghz Dual-core Snapdragon, Adreno 225,2GB
23rd January 2014, 02:50 AM   |  #2  
silv3rfox's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Orsay
Thanks Meter: 34
 
158 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
More
It really depends on your priorities.
You should take by consideration the battery capacity, camera, and other features.
  • Nexus 4 is not a champion in the last two, its camera relatively sucks, and the battery is not very impressive (for me it's pretty good actually). One of the main advantages of the Nexus 4 is the fast updates compared to other phones. Anything with quad-cores and 2 GB of RAM is more than enough.
  • HTC One X on the other hand is getting old, even though it has a great look, and a polished UI (Sense 5), and amazing sound (comes with beats audio, and believe me it does make a difference!)
  • GS3 is a champion, but is getting old too, and soon will run out of updates. Good camera though, and pretty fast.
  • Note 2 is full-featured, not really a phone though, pretty huge for a one, packs lots of great assets from S-Pen to better camera (than N4). I'd suggest you try it.
  • Xperia ZL is not a flagship like the others, but has a good look, and great specs. Don't expect fast updates from Sony though.

Note that all those phones are relatively recent, so you won't notice any big differences in the daily performance. And don't forget that you'll eventually buy a cover for your phone, so the size/design won't actually matter.
My advice? Go for the cheapest! you'll end up bricking it anyway if you stick around xda :P
The Following User Says Thank You to silv3rfox For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd January 2014, 03:33 AM   |  #3  
gabriel1946's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag vegas baby
Thanks Meter: 129
 
437 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by silv3rfox

My advice? Go for the cheapest! you'll end up bricking it anyway if you stick around xda :P

This made me chuckle.. In all honesty I'd go for a nexus 4 there's not a reason not to go for it
think about it.. S3 is getting old and thus will stop being supported by newer android updates.. The note 2s downside is the size many people hate the size and its uncomfortable in the pocket put a case on it and its not only big but its bulky.
Sony has never had great support by android and usually gets left behind quite early after release... The nexus 4 shatters the s3 I had a s3 and its not on the level of the n4 and its obvious when using it.. Id say ur only choice is nexus 4 or note 2 between the phones listed.. IMO nexus 4 is one of the best phones out even right now.. Do some more research and you'll find your own choice
Forgot about the HTC Onex.. HTC is a great manufacturer and makes top quality devices but it also doesn't compare with nexus 4.. My T-Mobile s2 was neck and neck with the htc Onex
Last edited by gabriel1946; 23rd January 2014 at 03:36 AM.
23rd January 2014, 04:12 AM   |  #4  
Sturdy_99's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 217
 
383 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriel1946

This made me chuckle.. In all honesty I'd go for a nexus 4 there's not a reason not to go for it
think about it.. S3 is getting old and thus will stop being supported by newer android updates.. The note 2s downside is the size many people hate the size and its uncomfortable in the pocket put a case on it and its not only big but its bulky.
Sony has never had great support by android and usually gets left behind quite early after release... The nexus 4 shatters the s3 I had a s3 and its not on the level of the n4 and its obvious when using it.. Id say ur only choice is nexus 4 or note 2 between the phones listed.. IMO nexus 4 is one of the best phones out even right now.. Do some more research and you'll find your own choice
Forgot about the HTC Onex.. HTC is a great manufacturer and makes top quality devices but it also doesn't compare with nexus 4.. My T-Mobile s2 was neck and neck with the htc Onex

Agree with you.. Nexus 4 is best amongst this...and also has a good camera if you know photographing...
23rd January 2014, 05:44 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 38
 
295 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturdy_99

Agree with you.. Nexus 4 is best amongst this...and also has a good camera if you know photographing...

forget one X. totally outdated, even xperia ZL others are way better in that range.

1st you have to decide what size you are comfortable with.

Phablet size - Note 2, G pro
Phone size - N4, S3(23k) - higher range, N5 (30k)

If you choose any of above you wont be making bad decision. All are good performer in real life with couple of adv and dis adv with all.

so 1st go to some store and actually hold and decide size phablet or phone later we can discuss choice among those
The Following User Says Thank You to ksavai For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th January 2014, 07:25 AM   |  #6  
rohit297's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56
 
407 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
I love my nexus 4, faster than anything, google support, i bought this phone in nov 2013, quite expensive from flipkart at 24500 INR, but still satisfied, s3 looks like grand and all cheap models of samsung, samsung actually sucks with its touchwiz laggy utility, note 2 is so big, its actually not a phone it is a tab, nexus 4 is comparatively small in size yet powerful, looks great with a bumper cover, i have a white one, after a lot of research i bought this phone and its great

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes