Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,274 Members 38,422 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

nexus 4 weird battery drain!!!

Tip us?

picarito
Old
(Last edited by picarito; 23rd January 2014 at 02:08 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
Unhappy nexus 4 weird battery drain!!!

i changed the phones battery i noticed that it is acting weird. i fully charged the phone and this morning i took the charger out and in 30 minutes without touching it it dropped to 95% and from 7 am until 4 am the battery is now at 26% without even touching it. what happens is when i look at it it says that is still 95 but then when i go to settings/battery then it changed to 26 out of nowhere. i tried putting the old battery but still no go.i tried installing a custom rom and kernel and i even tried 4.2.2 stock and 4.3 stock and even changing radio and i looked online for help but same thing happens. i dont know whether is a battery problem or a software or hardware problem. i really need the phone working and i was wondering if someone had the same problem and also if you used to charge the phone with a wireless charging station because i saw something about using it and then not getting enough power from stock charger. i bought it on ebay and the previous owner had a wireless charging if it helps and he told me a new battery would fix the blinking red light of death. any fixes for this? here is the video of the weird battery problem and it is on airplane mode and safe mode. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlFqagJ2v-k here is another video of how slow the device detects the battery drain https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Blz68xgQcDU
NEXUS 5-BeanstalkRom
NEXUS 4- Beanstalk Rom
VERIZON GALAXY S3 -Beanstalk Rom
HTC EXPLORER-Cynnanogemod 10 Beta

soccerfan6789
Old
Thanks Meter 594

DONATE TO ME
Install the following app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...erbatterystats

You can find a free version that works just as great but I personally like this. Charge to 100% then just use it normally. After it drains, open up the app and see what wakelocks there are. You can Google them and it'll tell you what to disable or uninstall from there

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

fc_themaster
Old
(Last edited by fc_themaster; 25th January 2014 at 10:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 11
I have a problem like yours... during the night my phone drain 10-15% of the battery in airplane mode... i've tried to install stock rom, clean install of cm11, some kernels, UV and UC... nothing works...
Last night i went to sleep with 93%, after 8 hours i had 93% but after 5-6 seconds it dropped to 81%.... no sync, airplane mode, greenify on all apps...
I've also bought a new battery... nothing to do... it can be can hardware problem?
Thanks

VikramW8
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Is anything wrong with my battery?CM11 with ak kernel @ 1944 mhz, intellidemand, eco mode on, Wi-Fi on, GPS on, auto brightness on
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-30-18-00-15.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	2658816  

Mashed_Potatoes
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikramW8 View Post
Is anything wrong with my battery?CM11 with ak kernel @ 1944 mhz, intellidemand, eco mode on, Wi-Fi on, GPS on, auto brightness on
First of all kill that 1.9Ghz OC for gods sake....poor phone
The Following User Says Thank You to Mashed_Potatoes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

VikramW8
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed_Potatoes View Post
First of all kill that 1.9Ghz OC for gods sake....poor phone
Well the graph has started from when the phone was at 1.2Ghz... The battery life just doesn't get worse.. Its the same with 1.2 and 1.9.. Just some minor differences.. There is less heat and low performance on 1.2 and on 1.9 the phone heats up quite a bit but the performance also increases considerable.. But it doesn't seem to affect battery life..

SeanInToronto
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Vikram: Firstly, its bad manners to hijack someone else's thread. You should start your own if you have a question.

It's hard to say if it affects a battery life, because your graph is over the span of two days. One single charge and discharge cycle is sufficient to demonstrate any issues. In any case, it may be unrelated to your overclocked processor, I would install the wake lock detector app and start from there.

Tags
battery drain, nexus 4, odd, weird battery