No registration required

I Think My Nexus is Dead

OP Idanref

28th May 2014, 03:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi,
I have a Nexus 4 for about a year, and until the last 2 months I had no problems at all. I started noticing my phone shut down after about an hour because of my battery swelling. I replaced the battery and I had great battery life for about 2 days, after that it drained super fast.
A few times my phone shut down and a red LED started blinking, I fixed it thanks to a thread in this forum.

But now, I had 100% battery and it turned town. I tried to start the phone but nothing happened. Connected the charger and pressed the power button a long time until a red LED showed but for a long time.

The blinking LED didn't worry me because I knew my battery drained and it fixed but now the battery is full, the LED lasts for long time and no matter what I do, nothing turns on the phone.

I don't know what to do and I'm really close to throw it away.
Please help.
28th May 2014, 03:55 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2,886

3,254 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idanref

Hi,
I have a Nexus 4 for about a year, and until the last 2 months I had no problems at all. I started noticing my phone shut down after about an hour because of my battery swelling. I replaced the battery and I had great battery life for about 2 days, after that it drained super fast.
A few times my phone shut down and a red LED started blinking, I fixed it thanks to a thread in this forum.

But now, I had 100% battery and it turned town. I tried to start the phone but nothing happened. Connected the charger and pressed the power button a long time until a red LED showed but for a long time.

The blinking LED didn't worry me because I knew my battery drained and it fixed but now the battery is full, the LED lasts for long time and no matter what I do, nothing turns on the phone.

I don't know what to do and I'm really close to throw it away.
Please help.

It looks like you have the infamous 'red light of death' see here for a solution:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...death-t2250454

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
28th May 2014, 04:02 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22sl22

It looks like you have the infamous 'red light of death' see here for a solution:

Opening the device isn't really an option for me now.
Thanks, I'll see what to do.
29th May 2014, 04:09 PM   |  #4  
Flag Ankara
Thanks Meter: 1,903

832 posts
Donate to Me
More
Replace the battery

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
30th May 2014, 11:20 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22sl22

Quote:
Originally Posted by blttalas

Replace the battery

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I've sent it to a lab and they said my voltage component of the motherboard has gone and they charge me for 100$. Is it possible?
31st May 2014, 09:04 PM   |  #6  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idanref

I've sent it to a lab and they said my voltage component of the motherboard has gone and they charge me for 100$. Is it possible?

Well, you can find new logic boards over 100$ on eBay, but with the replacement fees and the cost of a new logic board, the price seems reasonable...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread