FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

[Q] Nexus won't detect replacement battery

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Muthor6, Junior Member on 11th April 2014, 10:14 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi guys.
I bought a Nexus 4 from Ebay but ever since it arrived I've been having problems with the original battery (the battery would drop from 80% charge to 0, the phone would refuse to start up until i connected it to the charger, and cell signal would drop every now and then).

I just bought an original replacement battery, but after I installed it, the phone would not start, so i put it on charger and the white lightning would pop up and show that the battery is being charged.
The problem is - even after 10 hours at this state, the battery did not charge at all. The phone won't do anything without the charger connected at all, and when i hold the power button with the charger connected the phone just blinks red and restarts to the charging screen every time.
The phone is just acting the same as it is acting without any battery inserted at all.

So to clarify - new battery is not charging, I can get to bootloader mode and charging screen, and when i try to start up the device I get one quick blink from the red notif. light and quick restart back to the charging screen.

I'm having the new battery replaced on monday just in case I bought a faulty replacement battery, but do you have any tips in the meantime on how could I fix the issue?
 
 
11th April 2014, 05:52 PM |#2  
scream4cheese's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 874
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muthor6

Hi guys.
I bought a Nexus 4 from Ebay but ever since it arrived I've been having problems with the original battery (the battery would drop from 80% charge to 0, the phone would refuse to start up until i connected it to the charger, and cell signal would drop every now and then).

I just bought an original replacement battery, but after I installed it, the phone would not start, so i put it on charger and the white lightning would pop up and show that the battery is being charged.
The problem is - even after 10 hours at this state, the battery did not charge at all. The phone won't do anything without the charger connected at all, and when i hold the power button with the charger connected the phone just blinks red and restarts to the charging screen every time.
The phone is just acting the same as it is acting without any battery inserted at all.

So to clarify - new battery is not charging, I can get to bootloader mode and charging screen, and when i try to start up the device I get one quick blink from the red notif. light and quick restart back to the charging screen.

I'm having the new battery replaced on monday just in case I bought a faulty replacement battery, but do you have any tips in the meantime on how could I fix the issue?

If this continues to happen after replacing the battery again, the charging port must be fried.
11th April 2014, 06:01 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scream4cheese

If this continues to happen after replacing the battery again, the charging port must be fried.

See but the thing is, the phone charges the old battery just fine. I'm charging it right now as we speak.
11th April 2014, 06:15 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
More
Battery is probably copy/faulty, get a replacement.
12th April 2014, 05:47 AM |#5  
THEBANDIT420's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 99
 
More
Might not actually be a battery problem sounds more like the red light of death, which may have been caused by the battery changing but doesn't mean the battery is actually the problem. Plenty of threads around here on how to fix rlod

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
12th April 2014, 11:17 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBANDIT420

Might not actually be a battery problem sounds more like the red light of death, which may have been caused by the battery changing but doesn't mean the battery is actually the problem. Plenty of threads around here on how to fix rlod

Well I thought so too, but I have tried literally everything except charging the battery with separate cables outside the phone and nothing helped. I actually think this can't be it, because I couldn't find a single thread about having RLOD after replacing battery on the internet. Anyway, I'll exchange the new battery for another new battery on monday and see if that helps or not.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes