FORUMS

[Q] Stuck in recovery mode

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By mchenier, Junior Member on 9th August 2014, 04:40 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello every one,

I'm trying to root my Nexus 4 and I messed up. Can't boot the phone except in recovery mode in TWRP. If a try to boot I got ''Google'' on a black screen and that's it. Don't know what to do from there.

I started to root with Windows 7, but I want to continue with Ubuntu on my computer if it's possible.

Any advice to where to start from?

Thanks,

Martin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TWRP.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (198.6 KB, 44 views)
 
 
9th August 2014, 05:54 PM |#2  
jd1639's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,877
 
Donate to Me
More
What did you do to get to where you are? Without more info I'm going to tell you to boot into the bootloader and flash the factory image

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I957 using XDA Free mobile app
9th August 2014, 05:59 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Without more info I'm going to tell you to boot into the bootloader and flash the factory image

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I957 using XDA Free mobile app

Thanks for the awnser, but don't know how to ''flash'' the factory image
9th August 2014, 06:14 PM |#4  
jd1639's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,877
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchenier

Thanks for the awnser, but don't know how to ''flash'' the factory image

Read this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=34552123

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I957 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th August 2014, 06:16 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Read this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=34552123

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I957 using XDA Free mobile app

Thanks, I'm going to take a look
9th August 2014, 06:20 PM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchenier

Thanks, I'm going to take a look

Wait a minute, before you flash the factory images. What exactly happened?
9th August 2014, 07:21 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinc10

Wait a minute, before you flash the factory images. What exactly happened?

I followed a procedure (in french) and got stock on these lines:

Installation de SuperSU et Busybox :
Vous êtes sur TWRP
Sur le smartphone faites : Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Dalvik Cache (case cochée) > Cache (case cochée) > Swipe to Wipe
Sur le smartphone faites : Mount > System (case cochée)

Wasn't able to wipe Dalvik and after that and for some reasons was not able to connect to the phone from the Windows 7 computer. I'm not certain of what happen after, I probably erase important files on the Nexus with the TWRP menu.

This is what I got when booting in safe mode
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Boot.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (98.4 KB, 24 views)
Last edited by mchenier; 9th August 2014 at 07:26 PM.
9th August 2014, 07:25 PM |#8  
jd1639's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,877
 
Donate to Me
More
Sounds like you wiped your system and internal sd card and now don't have anything to boot into. You could use adb to push a rom zip to your internal sd and install it with twrp. Or you could sideload it with twrp. Or you could flash the factory image and start all over.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
9th August 2014, 07:28 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Sounds like you wiped your system and internal sd card and now don't have anything to boot into. You could use adb to push a rom zip to your internal sd and install it with twrp. Or you could sideload it with twrp. Or you could flash the factory image and start all over.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

I think I can push a rom zip to the sd card. Where can I find a rom?

Thanks
9th August 2014, 07:31 PM |#10  
jd1639's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,877
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchenier

I think I can push a rom zip to the sd card. Where can I find a rom?

Thanks

Where you on a particular rom before or just stock?

Edit, this is from the development forum. It's stock 4.4.4. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50453541

Edit,edit, also, when you flash super su you don't need to do the wipes your French procedure told you to do. Just flash super su in twrp, use the install.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by jd1639; 9th August 2014 at 07:38 PM.
10th August 2014, 02:04 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Where you on a particular rom before or just stock?

Edit, this is from the development forum. It's stock 4.4.4. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50453541

Edit,edit, also, when you flash super su you don't need to do the wipes your French procedure told you to do. Just flash super su in twrp, use the install.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Well, don't know what to do at this moment.

1. Should I try to complete the '' french'' procedure? I tried to continue with those command:

adb push busybox /system/xbin
adb push supersu.zip /sdcard
adb shell
chmod 04755 /system/xbin/busybox
/system/xbin/busybox --install /system/xbin/
exit


But got a error message at chmod :

chmod 04755 /system/xbin/busybox /system/xbin/busybox --install /system/xbin/
unknown option -- install
BusyBox v1.21.1-jb bionic (2013-07-25 21:23 +0100) multi-call binary.

Usage: chmod [-R] MODE[,MODE]... FILE...

Each MODE is one or more of the letters ugoa, one of the
symbols +-= and one or more of the letters rwxst

-R Recurse

Then I pushed the mako_Kitkat.zip and supersu and try to install from TWRAP but both failed. Is there an order to do it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140810_085804.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (113.3 KB, 26 views)

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes