XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] OTA downloaded but not installed

Tip us?

thedjdoorn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] OTA downloaded but not installed

I am currently running stock 4.4 on my Nexus 4. FTP doesn't work with 4.4 and I don't like that, I use my FTP a lot. Now did I get a notification about half an hour ago that there was an update (4.4.2) available. I chose to update and pressed the restart an install updates button.

But my N4 didn't install the update, it simply booted into TWRP recovery. So I chose reboot > system and my phone just booted. Just not to 4.4.2, but to 4.4. When I check for updates in the settings it says that there are no updates available. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Ibrahim.Rahman
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedjdoorn View Post
I am currently running stock 4.4 on my Nexus 4. FTP doesn't work with 4.4 and I don't like that, I use my FTP a lot. Now did I get a notification about half an hour ago that there was an update (4.4.2) available. I chose to update and pressed the restart an install updates button.

But my N4 didn't install the update, it simply booted into TWRP recovery. So I chose reboot > system and my phone just booted. Just not to 4.4.2, but to 4.4. When I check for updates in the settings it says that there are no updates available. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
Download the update to your pc from here. If you are running 4.4.1, then download from here.
Copy the update.zip to your phone
Boot into TWRP recovery. Choose install zip from sdcard, navigate and select the update.zip and flash. Re-flash the SuperSU/Superuser binaries if you want to keep root (not flashing this, might replace twrp with the stock recovery ). Reboot.
If you have modified ANY system file, then this won't work and you will have to revert to stock first.
Rooted Nexus 4 with CWM running KitKat 4.4.2
The Following User Says Thank You to Ibrahim.Rahman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thedjdoorn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahim.Rahman View Post
Download the update to your pc from {I am not allowed to post links yet}.. If you are running 4.4.1, then download from {I am not allowed to post links yet}.
Copy the update.zip to your phone
Boot into TWRP recovery. Choose install zip from sdcard, navigate and select the update.zip and flash. Re-flash the SuperSU/Superuser binaries if you want to keep root (not flashing this, might replace twrp with the stock recovery ). Reboot.
If you have modified ANY system file, then this won't work and you will have to revert to stock first.
Didn't work but i've found a solution myself.

To update to 4.4, I've flashed the factory image without wiping the cache.
I used the following command lines

fastboot flash bootloader bootloader*.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader
fastboot flash radio radio-*.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot format cache
fastboot reboot

Maybe that is the reason why it doesn't work. I've downloaded the 4.4.2 factory image now and flashed it like this, it worked.