5,815,095 Members 38,238 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Outgoing Call Issue

Tip us?

sadasasimile
Old
(Last edited by sadasasimile; 22nd November 2012 at 10:35 PM.) Reason: Added logcat.txt
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Outgoing Call Issue

I'm in Canada and using my phone with Wind Mobile operating on WCDMA on AWS (UMTS 1700/2100) frequency the same as T-mobile in the US. So my question is two-fold: Is anyone else unable to make outgoing calls and what is the baseband for T-mobile users?
So far I have factory data reset the phone and used multiple new SIM cards

My baseband is listed as: M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.1700.33

I would like to clarify that my nexus 4 with preform call to other Wind Customers on the AWS band and some landlines. When making call a there are three scenarios:
  1. There is a loud his and crackle and the phone states it is out of the service area and drops the signal
  2. The phone drops the call and states it out of the serivce area and drops the signal
  3. The phone makes the call but I cannot hear or speak to the other person

I was successful using a microsim from a rogers phone (PCS band)

I recorded the logcat from when the call was created
pastebin.com/dZuDSvX9
Attached Files
File Type: txt logcat.txt - [Click for QR Code] (43.9 KB, 3 views)

Dster
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadasasimile View Post
I'm in Canada and using my phone with Wind Mobile operating on WCDMA on AWS (UMTS 1700/2100) frequency the same as T-mobile in the US. So my question is two-fold: Is anyone else unable to make outgoing calls and what is the baseband for T-mobile users?
So far I have factory data reset the phone and used multiple new SIM cards

My baseband is listed as: M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.1700.33

I would like to clarify that my nexus 4 with preform call to other Wind Customers on the AWS band and some landlines. When making call a there are three scenarios:
  1. There is a loud his and crackle and the phone states it is out of the service area and drops the signal
  2. The phone drops the call and states it out of the serivce area and drops the signal
  3. The phone makes the call but I cannot hear or speak to the other person

I was successful using a microsim from a rogers phone (PCS band)

I recorded the logcat from when the call was created
pastebin.com/dZuDSvX9
I was with Wind for a year. I had problems calling certain landlines, especially Bell in Eastern Canada. It would ring once, and the other person would pick up and hear nothing. I tried troubleshooting for a few months, and then left Wind. It happened with completely different phones and different SIM cards. I could never get a local person with Wind to troubleshoot with -- it was always no-nothings in far away call centers. So I left Wind.

Everyone says the Wind network has gotten better, but they still have some bizarre interchange bugs.

Koodo has some good nationwide plans, and tomorrow they're doing a $60, all in, with 2GB of data. I switched that weekend they had the credit for customers porting in from Wind. Never regretted it.