[Q] Paranoid Android 3+: Can I display status bar with Pie Controls?

OP Komladov

13th February 2013, 12:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

6 posts
More
I'm really digging Paranoid Android and the extended dekstop mode... That being said, I really miss my status bar. While the Pie control is a fantastic replacement for the bottom control bar, it's much less functional and efficient when it comes to displaying information and notifications.
I miss seeing my time, reception and notifications all the time.

I'd like to get the best of both worlds - Pie Control, with a Status Bar, but so far I haven't had any luck with settings. Is this possible at this point at all?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Komladov For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2013, 12:25 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 44

58 posts
Re: [Q] Paranoid Android 3+: Can I display status bar with Pie Controls?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komladov

I'm really digging Paranoid Android and the extended dekstop mode... That being said, I really miss my status bar. While the Pie control is a fantastic replacement for the bottom control bar, it's much less functional and efficient when it comes to displaying information and notifications.
I miss seeing my time, reception and notifications all the time.

I'd like to get the best of both worlds - Pie Control, with a Status Bar, but so far I haven't had any luck with settings. Is this possible at this point at all?

Yep, just set navbar to 0% in hybrid properties>interface>workspace

Just FYI, the paranoid android team is working on improving the pie so notifications show up as a "tickler" even in pie mode

Sent from my Nexus 4
Last edited by brodern; 13th February 2013 at 12:31 PM.
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to brodern For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2013, 12:30 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodern

Yep, just set navbar to 0% in hybrid settings

Sent from my Nexus 4

Well, that's that.
Thanks!

Exactly what I wanted.
The Following User Says Thank You to Komladov For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2013, 05:56 PM   |  #4  
Flag Seattle, WA

76 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komladov

Well, that's that.
Thanks!

Exactly what I wanted.

I must be missing something. I set navbar to 0% as instructed, but the status bar still doesn't show up.

Also, I would like to have a customizable PIE control. There is currently no way to add buttons to PIE. When I'm on AOKP, I always add two buttons to the navbar - menu and search. The menu button is very handy as I can hit it and it shows "Nova Settings" and "System Settings," the two setting menus I use very frequently.

While the search button is on PIE, the menu isn't. Unfortunately, I can't live without it.

[EDIT] Nevermind... you do allow the menu button to show up in PIE. The position can't be changed, but it's a lot better than I mistakenly thought. Sorry!
Last edited by daihard; 17th February 2013 at 06:01 PM.
18th February 2013, 05:44 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 31

179 posts
Make sure not to enable expanded desktop if you're just trying to hide the navbar, if you just set the navbar to 0% it'll hide it and you won't need expanded desktop.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to grim489 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2013, 12:54 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
And make sure to press the "apply" button.
Forgot it myself ^^
18th February 2013, 03:01 PM   |  #7  
Flag Silver Spring, MD
Thanks Meter: 1,577

6,309 posts
More
Quote:

Just FYI, the paranoid android team is working on improving the pie so notifications show up as a "tickler" even in pie mode

Sent from my Nexus 4

Yo thanks so much for this. Just like the OP I love the pie control but always need the constant status bar. My man!

Sent from my 3rd Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
29th April 2013, 04:47 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:

Sent from my Nexus 4

Yeah, but now the second ring (date, time etc) never shows up. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong ?
29th April 2013, 05:25 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 277

502 posts
Donate to Me
More
I posted this in another thread a while ago but didn't get an answer.

Is there a way to get the Notification bar AND the notifications in the PIE format too? Let me explain. Right now, I have full-screen PIE controls and in the settings I have the Pie type set to "Quick" which brings up the notifications right when Pie gets activated. I really like that functionality and I want to keep it. Is there any way to get that when using the above-posted solution? I can get the Notification bar and Pie controls just like what was posted, but I also want the notifications to pop up when I activate Pie. Anyone get that to work?
3rd May 2013, 10:12 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Had the same issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronbrako

Yeah, but now the second ring (date, time etc) never shows up. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong ?

Had the same problem as I switched back from using JellyBam to Paranoid Android. As the Paranoid Settings are persistent on the SD card I figured that was where the problem was. I had set the Nav bar to 0% in the Paranoid Settings as that was the only way to hide it in JellyBam, which meant that upon launch already it was set like that. My Pie menu was also not displaying the second ring, however when I set the Nav bar back to 100% and then enabled Expanded Desktop it all of a sudden started working again.

I'm not sure if it was because of the change in the Nav bar size or that I played with the different layouts, but it made the Pie menu work as per usual again. One more thing to mention is that despite where I had tried to set the Pie gravity to before doing all this it never took effect, even after a restart. Now all is fine again.

So play with your layout setting (tablet, phablet, phone) and then set them back to your preferred ones and see if that works.

I know it's most likely not exactly your scenario but am hoping that somehow this helps.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread