Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,609 Members 42,427 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] partially cracked screen. what to fix ?

Tip us?

amaaha
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] partially cracked screen. what to fix ?

i dropped my phone the other night and it cracked. its cracked on the botton right where the recents button is and i cant use that are of the screen (basically is unresponsive) but the rest of the screen works absolutely fine and i just rotate the screen if i need to access something in that are that i cant access. Was wondering what i need to replace to fix it ?

will also attach pictures to show what are exactly is affected.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LG-Nexus-4-add1.jpg
Views:	7660
Size:	243.0 KB
ID:	2539132  

NABENDU1
Old
Thanks Meter 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaaha View Post
i dropped my phone the other night and it cracked. its cracked on the botton right where the recents button is and i cant use that are of the screen (basically is unresponsive) but the rest of the screen works absolutely fine and i just rotate the screen if i need to access something in that are that i cant access. Was wondering what i need to replace to fix it ?

will also attach pictures to show what are exactly is affected.
You would need to change the entire front screen to actually fix the problem !! However if you don't want to spend the amount (in my country its around 80 dallars) you can download switchr app from play store !! It helps you to switch and kill apps just like the recents button. If the other buttons also don't work like the home and back ull need to root your phone and download LMT launcher from the market. It is almost like pie control which you find on ParanoidAndroid .

Kindly hit the Thanks button if you find my post useful

amaaha
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NABENDU1 View Post
You would need to change the entire front screen to actually fix the problem !! However if you don't want to spend the amount (in my country its around 80 dallars) you can download switchr app from play store !! It helps you to switch and kill apps just like the recents button. If the other buttons also don't work like the home and back ull need to root your phone and download LMT launcher from the market. It is almost like pie control which you find on ParanoidAndroid .

Kindly hit the Thanks button if you find my post useful

Okay i went to repair shop and they quoted me $300 which is bit expensive since i could put a little bit more and get the nexus 5 but i want to spend the minimum amount possible and have a phone that works.. So what exactly do i need to buy to fix it ? do i need to buy the lcd or the touch screen ? or are there more parts that i need to get because i want to know what it might add up to for all the parts that are needed.

Also i don't think the switchr app would solve my problem because basically any app or button that is in that area, i can not use since that area of the screen is unresponsive. I'm assuming something to do with the touchscreen is broken over there ? in that bottom right area of the screen that i showed in the earlier picture i attached. I can stilll use the phone because the rest of the area is still normal, but i dont know how long it will be for since its cracked and could spread. and at times if there is something in that area that i need to access, for example certain parts of the keyboard or an app, i rotate the screen and that way i can still use it though some apps do not rotate at all and that makes things impossible.